Recent content by Nchiodo

  1. Nchiodo

    THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

    Hi Merrytaylor Well at 6 weeks I was pretty much doing what your doing. I never was in much pain even in the beginning. I would and still do have pulling, achy ness, around my incision but I’m walking without any assistance, legs work real good but my balance is still off a bit especially on...
  2. Nchiodo

    THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

    I was exactly like you. Surgery went well. Spent the night in the hospital then I went home. I thought I was prepared but heck no I wasn’t. It was hell for the first 3 weeks. Not from pain. Tylenol and ice did the trick but I couldn’t sleep in my bed. First 2 weeks on the recliner day and night...
  3. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi Lyla Yes my surgery in Tuesday for my meniscus tear went well. Been icing for the swelling. Tylenol is working for very minor discomfort. Ok now into this New Year 2021. I’m meeting with my surgeon on Friday for my follow up to the THR and my back has settled down finally. I’m hoping it will...
  4. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    it’s very possible. I’m going to see the surgeon in January and I’m definitely going to ask about this back issue. I thought after my hip replacement everything was going to be peachy keen. But it seems like a domino effect right now. I’ve got this great new hip but gained 15lbs after the...
  5. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Sorry I didn’t respond. Yes I did purchase new shoes. Thank you for your suggestions. I am meeting with my surgeon for a follow up to surgery. I’ll see what he advises also. Thank you for your response and Merry Christmas.
  6. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hello fellow hippies!! Question, I’m now 15 weeks post op from buying my New Little Friend (THR). For the last couple of months now when I get up in the morning I’m totally bent over and my back is absolutely stiff. I’ll take 2 Tylenol’s and slowly start moving and in about 2-3 hrs the stiffness...
  7. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    I read an article that over 65% if people gain weight after THR surgery. The average weight gain was 14lbs. And it happened to me. I’m 12 weeks post op and did gain 15lbs. Why is this so common? I realize mobility is limited the first 4 weeks post op. Now I’ve got to also works on taking this...
  8. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi Layla! Yes 3 months today can’t believe it. Well my journey continues. I think I mentioned that I tore my meniscus on my left side and having it repaired on Dec 29th. My hip has a mind of its own. It pretty much dictates when and how it’s gonna be. LOL. I still do find that when I overdo it I...
  9. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hello all!! Well it’s now 11 weeks post op on my THR. I must say it is totally a long process. My one main struggle is the morning when I get out of bed I am so bent over with a major backache that lasts about an hour or so after moving. Does this ever get better and if when.
  10. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi Softail Thanks for your response. You truly are Bionic!! LOL. The RLS does come and go. It sucks. Today I just schedule my surgery to repair my torn meniscus. It’s not that major of a surgery like my hip I just can’t wait for this year to be over. 2020 SUCKS. My 8 week post op hip still...
  11. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Thank you Layla❤️ I was in the wrong line when God handed out Patience. LOL
  12. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Thanks for your support. Thus is really a crazy journey indeed. I’ve been icing and resting. Trying to not overdo it. I swear it feels like the implant is trying to escape.
  13. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi @Carolinagirl54 I’m so glad to hear from you!!! I can’t believe I’m having this much discomfort thus far out. I’m sorry your dealing with issues also. I am part of your funk circle also. At times I think I’m going crazy. I feel I’m not progressing and going backwards. I’m laying here in bed...
  14. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hello again everyone! I’m 8 weeks post op from my anterior right hip replacement. The last few days where my incision is up to the mid of the right buttocks feels like pulling and it’s a bit swollen on the outer side and also numb. It almost feels like arthritis in the bone of the pelvis. I felt...
  15. Nchiodo

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    “Growing Old Is Not For Sissies Layla that statement is to true. :loll:Feel like Humpty Dumpty being put back together again.
Back
Top Bottom