Recent content by Naturelover

  1. Naturelover

    TKR Malaligned Valgus knee following TKR

    Hi Steve I don't think you are rambling, you are expressing your thoughts and feelings regarding a very difficult situation. Your new knee is much improved vs pre TKR and it is functional for the most part. I agree with waiting and monitoring your knee. Like you said, there are no guarantees...
  2. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Just checking in to relay my progress since my RTKR Nov. 2019. I am happy to say that I rarely think about my right leg at all. My leg is still valgus but it does not seem to be an issue. I'd like to thank the Bonesmart moderators who encouraged me to be patient and go easy on my healing...
  3. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Can someone please change my thread title to 8 months post op Life is GOOD
  4. Naturelover

    PKR PKR or TKR?

    I had a partial left in June 2016 and and Right TKR in November 2019. I am much happier with the total!
  5. Naturelover

    TKR Surgery over now what

    yes, especially if I have exercised and stretched and worked on ROM. If I have raw, nagging pain that Tylenol does't help, I'll take 1/2 an oxycodone.
  6. Naturelover

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral Partial Knee Replacement Advice

    I had a left partial in 2016 and a right TKR in November 2019. I wish I had opted for a TKR on my left. My recovery was quicker and less painful for my TKR. The partial does not feel like it as better or "more natural movement" than the TKR. Good luck with your surgery and recovery.
  7. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Just a brief update regarding my ankle pain and valgus alignment. I saw my OS yesterday. He took new x-rays and estimated the valgus to be 6 degrees. He checked out my pre-surgical x-rays and calculated that I was 5 degrees varus. Even though there is an 11 degree difference in alignment...
  8. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    @winedunce I am thinking I was not clear in explaining to you why I won't crawl around on my hands and knees. It isn't necessarily the scar itself that is too sensitive for direct pressure.... I think Jockette's response above, regarding all of the soft tissue that was damaged during the...
  9. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Hi @winedunce MY RTKR was 11/08/2019. My surgeon cleared me to do normal activity on 1/02/2020. The following week I went to gentle yoga and mat pilates classes. I used a thick cushion / bolster for kneeling or cat/cow positions. My knee was positioned in front of the bolster so no weight...
  10. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Thank you @Jockette I just read Hood1980's thread. It is becoming apparent to me that most who have revisions to correct Valgus have poor results. I am hoping to regain some strength and fitness while simultaneously trying to protect my new knee with non weight bearing exercises. I plan...
  11. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    @Jockette My left partial had all sorts of pains and issues in its first year. It still bothers me sometimes. In some ways it does not feel normal and my movement is still restricted somewhat. Last year I was able to do "Childs' Pose" in yoga class, I could pretty much stretch down with my...
  12. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    @Jockette I saw my surgeon 1/2/20, he was not concerned about my extension or the valgus. He feels my knee will straighten over time. I hope that he is correct, I am trying not to worry about it, the thought of a possible revision is not pleasant. My extension is not good, I believe that I am...
  13. Naturelover

    TKR Malaligned Valgus knee following TKR

    Hi Steve, How did your appointment with the physio go? Have you had the chance to read the threads of others on Bonesmart who have/had valgus? I have called a couple of TKR revision surgeons (unrelated to my OS) they won't see me until a year after surgery. I am feeling very...
  14. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    10 weeks post op. This morning I went for short walk, 10 minutes down the street and back. I was concentrating on my gait and trying to walk normally. I noticed that while weight bearing on my right leg that my left knee slightly brushes against my new right knee when I stride forward. I...
  15. Naturelover

    TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

    Can someone please change my thread title to Valgus after surgery... May need revision? Thank you
Back
Top Bottom