Recent content by Natka

  1. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Thank you @Jaycey for such a prompt response! Greatly appreciated! The operated hip is still a bit angry and painful, but I don't really know if it is attributed to the nerve damage. I am hoping the doctor will let me see a specialist! It is my only hope really!
  2. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @Jamie , @Mojo333 , @lyndsey could I please ask for your advice. Since I was not really mobile for the last few weeks, no PT, only small walks, I am a bit concerned about scar tissue formation as my surgeon said I need to do exercises or static bike to get the joint moving. Since I can't do...
  3. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @NightQuilter @Mojo333 Marie weathe thank you for your message. I have been in a hospital for a few days now, not just in pain, agony really! Only yesterday, my husband found an orthopedic neurological expert though friends and talked to her over the phone and she is almost certain I have a...
  4. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Thank you @Mojo333 so much for the prompt response and warm wishes! Greatly appreciated! I read the article and it doesn't seem to be piriformis as my pain is more around the hips and buttocks as well, the doctor attributes the buttocks pain to muscle strain. Not too sure about the rest. He is...
  5. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Good afternoon everyone and dear experts as well (@Jamie, @Mojo333 , @Jaycey ) I need some advice on muscle strain please. Three weeks in a lot of pain with not much improvement after anti inflammatories, steroid shot and no exercises at all, just basic walks around the house with crutches, ice...
  6. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    @Jaycey thank you so much for the prompt response. I hope it will work and I certainly don't do much but rest and ice. Thank you
  7. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @Jaycey @Mojo333 @Jamie , I hope you are doing well and thank you all for very useful information and advice! I have done my steroid injection yesterday and praying it will work for me. Is it possible to advise what to expect from the injection and when? I understand I cannot exercise, I am...
  8. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @NightQuilter thank you so much for your response. it is quite an upsetting thing as it feels like the pain is never ending! Unfortunately, they don't tend to perform bilateral procedures here in the UK. so I am praying my right one will settle down and I can deal with the left one soon. Take...
  9. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Morning @linette333 thank you for your help. I was offered steroid injection, but was also looking into PPT as an alternative, asked my surgeon, he wasn't too impressed and said there is no real evidence that they work. But it is good to know that you can have them on NHS, though in a current...
  10. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Morning @Jaycey thank you for the prompt response. No nothing new. I have been just lying and doing basic walk only for necessarily needs on crutches. Icing a lot, no PT for over a week. Any advice would be great!
  11. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @Mojo333 . Thank you for your support and kind wishes. Plasma injections are not done on NHS, you probably mean steroid injections?
  12. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Question about Post-OP Pain (5 Weeks)

    Hi @EricC . Thank you for your prompt response. Greatly appreciated! I hope the rest of your recovery will be smooth and you will be back to your favourite sports activities very soon! Please send some updates. It is reassuring and always good to talk to someone who is ahead on the journey one...
  13. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Question about Post-OP Pain (5 Weeks)

    Hi @EricC I hope you are having a great day and enjoying a bit of walking around. If you don't mind me asking as your situation in regards to surgery is similar to mine. How often do you have flare ups and is it any trend in them, eh.though they might happen, but shorter in terms of timeframe...
  14. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Flare up

    Hi @Mojo333 Thank you for your response! I have seen the post from linette333, found some information as well, seems to be quite effective, but since very often you need a few injections, it is very expensive, at least here in the UK.
Back
Top Bottom