Recent content by Nannharwood

  1. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    I'm so tired of pain that is constant and never seems to end. My surgery was December 10, 2013. I saw my doctor today and he told that I shouldn't be using a wheelchair at all or my cane. Problems is, I can't walk very far and my room is on the opposite side of the building. Walking that far is...
  2. Nannharwood

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    I've really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing that you have been experiencing all the same things that I felt I was the only one doing through!! The crying, the sleeplessness, loss of appetite, pain, etc. I, too, have gotten the looks from my in laws on why I can't do too much. Let's guess...
  3. Nannharwood

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Thanks for stating earlier about the weepy days. I've had several and I thought I was the only one dealing with this!! I just get so frustrated at not being able to do little things. Sometimes I'll just start crying because of the pain and sometimes just because. How do you handle this? Please...
  4. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Well folks, I'm here again in pain and trying to sleep but to no avail. I'm a little worried about losing some of my ROM because the nice folks came to pick up my CPM. I measured today at 107 on my left leg and 100 on my right, two weeks after my manipulation. I've made great strides in my...
  5. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    He told me one year for recovery. I'm just so sore and unable to move sometimes without major pain and depression, well, that's another issue. I know depression can be a part of the recovery package because I'm dealing with pain, not being to perform basic things like I used to do, run simple...
  6. Nannharwood

    TKR TKR -12/2/13

    I'd be jumping for joy too at your measurements! I'm 104 on my left knee but 97 on the right. I work it a lot and I know that swelling has affected my progress. I would recommend what others have stated.... Rest, ice and elevate. The massaging helps as well. Sometimes I'll be sitting on the...
  7. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Still not getting much sleep but I'll talk to the doctor about what I can take. I'm still having a lot of pain in my right knee. Before surgery, my left leg had more pain which was the reason that I went to the Ortho in the first place. After surgery, the left leg is bending at 105 and I...
  8. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    I went to the doctor today for post op. Apparently, I'm not bending my knees as much as I should. I'm currently bending at 95 degrees. The doctor has decided to bend them himself while I'm under anesthesia. I'm very disappointed as my PT thought I was doing well considering where I was before...
  9. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    General question for anyone to answer--- How do you deal with sleep or lack thereof? My sleep has been nonexistent and I get around three or four hours a night. I need 7-8 to function when teaching and my school frowns on naps....lol
  10. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Thanks for the advice. I do have an activboard in my classroom which sounds like what you described. I plan on having students run errands as well and icing my knees during my first period planning and during lunch. I do have an intern teacher this year but thankfully she is right across the...
  11. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Now I'm starting to freak out. I have to teach 140 school days to get a full years credit for teaching this year towards retirement. That only gives me 5 more days that I can miss for the rest of the school year. In addition , my administration switched my student teacher to another teacher in...
  12. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Unfortunately , I am unable to take off a full 12 weeks for recovery. I do,not have enough sick day and being a teacher, there are so many state assessments that my students are preparing to take. My daughter , thank goodness, has her permit and will drive everywhere. I do not kid when I say...
  13. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Thanks for the replies to my post. I forgot to mention that I will have a student teacher who can be my extra set of knees. I plan on keeping ice packs at school in my fridge and taking advantage hopefully of snow days in my school system. I will visit the ortho on January 17 to check on...
  14. Nannharwood

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    I am worried as well about returning back to my high school classroom. My surgery (a double knee replacement) was December 10, 2013, and I plan on returning on January 21, 2014. I still have a lot of swelling and bruising - did I mention that I'm a redhead? My doctor said we tend to bruise...
Back
Top Bottom