Recent content by Nanmo1228

  1. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    I saw my physical therapist this afternoon and told her about my doctor visit. She didn’t really change things up, but I noticed she watched me more closely while I did my exercises. Unfortunately, she took a measurement at the end of the session and I measured 83 again at six weeks post op...
  2. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Hello everyone! So I had my six week post op visit yesterday and I think I’m the victim of some medical gaslighting. My flexion prior to surgery was 84 and I was told by the surgeon and his nurse practitioner that I would probably not get much more after surgery. I am at 83 and got admonished...
  3. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Thanks for asking! I’ve been meaning to update. I started driving Monday, which is great. Started outpatient PT Monday and am at 75 flexion and -3 extension. I was only at 84 prior to the surgery so we will see. Incision is healing nicely. The outpatient PT has caused some increase in pain...
  4. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    I did try the Tylenol pm the other night. Sadly, it didn’t help much. I might give it another shot though.
  5. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    What is the deal with the insomnia after TKR. I am on day 19 post surgery and the only way I can get some sleep is if I take an OXY, which I don’t really want to do, I have tried Tylenol pm and it did nothing. I have tried half an oxy and no luck. If I don’t take the oxy I am up all night...
  6. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Thanks for the advice everyone! I finish home PT next week then move on to outpatient. I don’t feel like the home PT is pushing me too hard. She seems to cheer me on more than push me. Yes she did show me how to use the cane, but she didn’t say I couldn’t still use the walker. I know my...
  7. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    So very true about the grocery store. When I send him I never know what he’s going to come back with. We have been just winging it as far as dinner. I think we need to make a meal plan, but he’s not much of a cook. I still can’t stand for very long. Home PT came today and she says I need to...
  8. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Hubby is definitely getting breaks. He got to go out and enjoy his favorite activity ( pickleball) this weekend twice. He went back into the office one day last week and has gone back almost a full day as of yesterday. We have a cleaning service, but he still has to grocery shop and do...
  9. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    You are pretty accurate. I don’t think there is any real convenient time to have this surgery. When my doctor first mentioned the surgery I made a comment about it being a lot for the family. He is doing okay as a caregiver. He did go back to work yesterday. He goes in late after I take my...
  10. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Yes, it is hard managing other’s expectations. It seems everyone knows someone who had the surgery and was back on the golf course or some other recreational activity within a few weeks of surgery. The truth is if my husband had the surgery he would have nothing to worry about other than...
  11. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    We have gotten a cleaning service as well. It is a big help for sure. I can get around with the cane okay in short bursts. It certainly works different muscles when you use the cane. You really have to concentrate on your balance. I was able to make it upstairs to use the upstairs shower...
  12. N

    TKR Slow recovery?

    Wish I had some advice, but I am only 15 days post TKR.. I am hoping to get at least 90 degrees eventually. I had poor range of motion before the surgery. At this point my leg feels like it’s made of lead. What was your range of motion like before the surgery?
  13. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    You are absolutely right. He needs to step up for sure. He and my adult daughter were angry with each other the first week because they each thought the other wasn’t doing enough. I for sure have not cooked any meals yet and he’s done all the laundry . I could tell by his tone this morning that...
  14. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    I definitely feel like I’m being pushed to get back to “ normal”. I am pretty sure my husband is burned out already. I have always taken care of all household responsibilities and I don’t think he realized what that entailed. I feel like the sooner I am more independent he can get on with his...
  15. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Yesterday was the two week mark since my LTKR. Home PT had me start using a cane rather than walker. Slowly transitioning from walker to cane. The knee is still extremely stiff and not even close to 90 degree bend. Just taking it one day at a time.
Back
Top Bottom