Recent content by nancyellen

  1. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Thank you Grannypie. I cannot believe how much harder the recovery from knee replacement is from a hip replacement. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Thank you, Celle. I removed the sleeve as I finished your reply!
  3. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Celle, Thank you so much for your thorough and informative reply. I am always amazed at the generosity of people on here. Did you have any feelings about my use of a neoprene sleeve? It eases the discomfort but I worry that perhaps it is something I would become dependent on. Meaning my knee...
  4. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    I've had difficulty navigating on my iPhone so here is an update from my computer. I'm doing a bit better now, but have really disappointed myself with this long recovery. My shooting pains seem more like pinched nerves than healing nerves. I paid the balance on a trip to Spain and Portugal...
  5. nancyellen

    Nightgown vs PJs January 31, 2017

    I slept in a nightgown and changed to pants during the day Sent from my iPad
  6. nancyellen

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    Hello cameramom, I had a hip replacement four an a half years ago. I too ended up with a leg length discrepancy. Operated leg is definitely longer than the other leg. I was out searching for insoles to put in the other shoe and my surgeon insisted that I just wait it out. I will say that after...
  7. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    In my email, I have responses from Josephine where she has words in blue that I should respond to. I can't find them here on the forum. But in short I have been taking either two or one when I take the Percocet. As per your instructions I will take two each time. I will cut down on the amount of...
  8. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    I answered these questions yesterday but now I can't find my responses [emoji15] Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  9. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Thank you, Jamie Sent from my iPad
  10. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Thank you Jamie. I have become petrified to walk now. I am using crutches to get to the bathroom Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  11. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Actually, this evening it is so bad I can't even take the few steps to the bathroom without intense pain. As the surgery gets better this pain seems to intensify. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  12. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    1. 2 when I walk 10+ 2. Oxycodone-Acetaminophen 5-325 I take 1-2 every 4 hours 3. Slight to moderate 4. Flexion 125 extension 0 5. Icing about ½ the time and using one of those ice machines that circulates cold water 6. Elevating most of the time 7. Very little activity other than taking several...
  13. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    Thank you KarriB. I will use the walker. But has anyone else reported this? Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  14. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    HELP!!!! Sharp pain in joint 3 wks post op. I get confused negotiating the forum so I'm hoping someone will put this in the proper place. It is exactly 3 weeks since I had my LTKR. I have to admit I've been absolutely miserable the entire time. I had no idea the recovery would be so difficult...
  15. nancyellen

    TKR Leaving for hospital December 12, 2016<

    2helpme, Thank you. I can barely even reply at this point. Pain is blinding Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
Back
Top Bottom