Recent content by Nana40

  1. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    I am hoping to put up a new post - not sure I'm doing it right. I am now 11 months out from my posterior approach THR. I can not walk very far at all because I get a deep ache in center of buttock on side of hip replacement. (left) Also, I continue to have aching on outside of upper thigh...
  2. N

    1GreatGran2

    1GreatGran - I wish you all the best and 6 months out I am still having issues and so I understand your comment that the osteoarthritis pain is gone...I have said those exact words, usually followed by, "but...." Good luck and know that many of us who arent experts, just people trying to do...
  3. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    thank you for your encouragement
  4. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    I am starting a new thread because I dont think my current questions really go along with my original post. I can walk without using the cane. BUT I have left groin pain and pain in left butt. Also, My left leg just does not feel "strong." My ortho simply tells me to just keep walking...
  5. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    I apologize - I am starting a new thread because I can't figure out how to add this onto the thread I started months ago......... any suggestions about what to do about pain in butt on operated side when I walk? Also since day 1 I have had a tender/hurting area on the side of my thigh. Dr said...
  6. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    It has been awhile since i've posted.....i am still having pain near incision area and 2 days ago my dr. told me that part of that pain is because i now have bursitis there. He had no solution...said that often they can put an injection in the bursa but because I have the new hip replacement he...
  7. N

    THR 5 months since LHR

    1GreatGran - IT band is a muscle that seems to run down the outside of hip and thigh... I just quickly googled and looked at images.....if I am wrong, someone will let us know.
  8. N

    THR 5 months since LHR

    1GreatGran - hopefully someone else can answer that one or you might google it. i believe it is a muscle or a tendon ... i have seen many references to exercises for that....I'll try to find the answer and if I do I'll let you know. (By the way, it was "Pheebs52" that wrote about her IT band -...
  9. N

    THR 5 months since LHR

    Pivo I am wondering how your walking gait is and if you need any kind of an aid such as a cane.
  10. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    couldnt make the illustration work -- hurts at L2B/V (middle of left cheek - was left hip replaced.) Should mention that pain in butt is not constant but does happen while walking for exercise. Just a few steps (room to room) it doesn't happen. 1 incision - posterior 2 pain - 0 3 meds - I...
  11. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    Thank you for the nice words, Aussie Girl. And thanks so much for telling me your experience, Clipper.
  12. N

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    Well I cant get with it today - want to ask another question and cant figure out how I did it .... How does a person find out if they have a very small LLD? My daughter looked at me as I stood with good posture, back to her - she said it looks like my right hip (NON operated) is little lower...
Back
Top Bottom