@Kneeophyte I just read your post about the pool and I want to thank you for the encouragement! I am probably going to try it next week for the first time since surgery. I was planning to do a little bit of walking but may try to swim a lap instead. My goal is to get back to my water aerobics...
Thanks @Jockette. I will plan to take it easy and go very slowly, just a few minutes at first and build up oh so gradually, making sure I am not overdoing it. I have been there (the o.d.i.c) and do not like it! :)
@Jockette, thanks for reminding me why I joined Bonesmart! Sometimes I feel guilty when I skip the exercises and reading your comments helped me to remember that just living your life can be exercise enough! I do like the pedals and hope to be able to ride my real bike sometime in the future, so...
I am10 weeks out from TKR and was released from formal PT last week. I have a list of exercises to do each day at home. When I left PT I was 120 flexion and 9 extension. They were worried about the 9 and wanted me to continue with them, but I said no. Once a day they want me to do leg raises on...
Thank you for your suggestion. I haven't worn the stockings before. The swelling in my leg and foot never really goes away since my surgery. Even on days when I don't do much of anything but lay on the couch with the ice machine. By evening it is swollen some though not as bad. My husband is...
Just had my 8 week visit with my OS, and he is generally pleased with my progress. I am having issues with my whole leg and foot swelling by the end of the day, (or earlier if I do ANYTHING!) and he suggested compression stockings of some sort. Anyone have suggestions as to what I should get? I...
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and advice. Things went downhill late last night, but today rest and ice have really helped. I was in so much pain this morning I thought about calling my OS. So discouraging. I took half a pain pill early, and tonight it is much better. This morning I couldn't...
Okay, so I am 5 weeks out from LTKR. Yesterday I noticed that the inside of my surgical knee is very tender, as if it is bruised though nothing visible. I really noticed it today when I went for a walk. I am trying to walk for 20 mins or so most days, using my cane. Is that helping or hurting...
@bodog I have had a few not so good days too, one of them being this past Wednesday. I'm blaming it on the "sit-to-stands" my PT had me do that day. Yikes! Couldn't do anything but shuffle around the house on Thursday. It hurt my non-surgical knee too. So I am back to taking Mobic. :( Seems like...
Thank you @djklaugh @TKRsharon and @sistersinhim for your responses regarding the vitamin E oil. I have taken your advice and avoided it for now. Sorry for not acknowledging sooner, my daughter has been here for the last two weeks cleaning, cooking and organizing in my house. My husband has done...
@bodog Sounds like you are doing great! My surgery was Jan. 25 and my recovery is close to yours, except I am going to PT 3 times a week and doing exercises at home the other 4 days. I only take painkillers when I do therapy, but have followed the advice on this forum and do not let anyone push...
@djklaugh Thanks for your response. When I went for my 2 week post op the PA said I was cleared for showering, though I have not done it yet. He also said vit. E oil or other cream was okay? Could that be because they "glued" my incision shut? Fortunately this was a brand new bottle of oil, and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.