Recent content by Nan47

  1. Nan47

    PKR Nan47 PKR Recovery

    The surgery was one week ago today. The doctor determined it was only the inside of my left knee that had deteriorated and needed to be replaced so I received a partial knee replacement (PKR). The surgery went fine -- it's the meds that have been a problem. I really haven't had any pain and even...
  2. Nan47

    TKR 3 days -- the known and the unknown!

    @FourCats First off -- I love your user name! It made me smile. Thanks so much for responding about your experience. My pain seems to be more moderate but constant when I'm walking and just ongoing discomfort every time I move. So the pain comparison will be interesting. I was doing great...
  3. Nan47

    TKR 3 days -- the known and the unknown!

    @Pumpkln @Jamie And I may have misunderstood exactly what the doctor said. I'm pretty overwhelmed right now and it all sounds so ominous. I really appreciate your feedback. I have read through the Recovery Guidelines several times and plan to spend time today and tomorrow reading through the...
  4. Nan47

    TKR Emotionally Stuck

    Wow! This is scary! My surgery is in 3 days. I'm already very depressed, feel exhausted, no motivation, loss of appetite, ready to take a nap by 10AM, and on the verge of tears most of the day. Sounds like this could really make recovery even more difficult!
  5. Nan47

    TKR 3 days -- the known and the unknown!

    The surgery is scheduled for Friday. Possibly PKR unless there is more damage than can be seen in the x-ray. After dealing with this for over a year and gradually getting worse I'm still wondering if the known is better than the unknown. After a stress fracture in my left knee in 2016 and eight...
Back
Top Bottom