Recent content by Nag

  1. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    It's been 8 months since my TKR and I've developed a "Clunk" in my new knee. Its called Patella Clunk Syndrome. Its supposed to be a thing of the past as the new prosthetics were designed to eliminate this. Oh well, I've had every low probability outcome so why not this one. PCS is the...
  2. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    It’s been weeks since I last posted so an update is warranted. I had a MUA 6 weeks after my TKR. Just a week after the MUA my flex was only 85*. I was totally depressed and defeated. The MUA seemed to be a total bust. It is now 6 weeks after the MUA and my mood is optimistic and full of promise...
  3. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    I contacted my surgeon and described my situation; one week post MUA and getting stiffer everyday. He recommended stopping all PT and exercising, limiting walking, ice and elevation for a few days and then reevaluate. Basically what you are all saying here. Given I have nothing to do but surf...
  4. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    FYI my exercise program is: 5 minutes on a stationary bike (highest seat, lowest resistance) all with pain. Two sets of 10 stair lunges for flex, two sets of 10 heel compressions for deflection, two sets of 10 heel slides lying down with a an assist strap, two sets of heel slides on a chair with...
  5. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    Thanks for all the responses. I am surprised how much the responses on this site differ from other sites and from DRs and PTs. I know a few people that have had tkrs and there advice is different also, move bend work work work it’s your fault if your knee doesn’t bend. I have a question on scar...
  6. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    Thanks, I am not trying to train or be fit, I am simply trying to bend my knee. When I say exercise I am referring to Simple moves like a heel slide while lying or sitting, perhaps lunging gently into a stair. All are painful and under 90 rom. Six weeks post op but pre MUA I felt like there was...
  7. N

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    TKR 11/09/20, after 6 weeks of PT rom 90. Did every exercise 5 times/day, knee was a brick but swelling was reduced. Had an MUA 12/21, Dr got to 125. PT next day and rom was 105. Knee swelled to size of a cantaloupe immediately after. PT two days later and rom was 90. Still exercising 5 times...
Back
Top Bottom