There needs to be a button for “I hear your pain,” on this forum, not just like or agree! KarriB and TimeBuster, just hit like on two of your posts for lack of a better choice but hopefully you both get that it is supportive not “Oh yeah, terrible things happening!”
Posted my news in my thread...
Good news! Or at least better than more surgery and a PICC line news! My ortho, primary/infectious disease, and my rheumatologist doctors conference called this morning and feel that my labs are unusual and point more to an auto-immune process going on in the joint.
There also seems to be...
Hello and welcome to BoneSmart! I’ve found this to be a super supportive place and the administrators and moderators are extremely knowledgeable. I am 6 weeks weeks post TKR (total knee replacement) so I can not speak to ACL recovery specifically. But I found a great ice pack that I love on...
Still have not heard anything from my OS on results from the needle aspiration and suspect that I won’t since it is 2:30 on a pre-long weekend Friday. Hopefully I won’t self combust over the weekend...
Thank you TimeBuster! You are one tough soul. Until the healers who treat us experience how difficult the waiting period is for us, I’m not sure they get that while two weeks flies when you are busy it is a bit more challenging when you can’t walk without pain. Can sure tell that you know the...
Hey TortiTabby! I think you are doing great and are putting way to much pressure on yourself. Even though you are working from home every other day you are still working and having to sit in a chair. And when you are in the office I bet you can’t elevate you leg sufficiently. I get that...
Hey @TimeBuster! Still now answer on the culture of the knee aspiration. My doctor called and said the lab needed another 12 hours. He is great and cracks jokes with me. Today though he totally got the frustration of having to wait another day for results. ARGHHHHH! I can deal with whatever the...
Saw OS yesterday. He wasn’t happy with how hot my knee felt or that he could feel that there was fluid in the joint. We discussed the possibility of an infection and doing a needle aspiration seemed like the best next step. Don’t know why I thought it was going to be so painful but I feel kind...
Hello @julieskan! I laughed my head off when I read your comment about the restless leg syndrome disturbing the cat. Really needed that right now. I share my bed with my service dog and two cats. And a husband but he is very accommodating in comparison to the fur babies. I have had restless leg...
I also agree with you Timebuster! The more I learn about the mysteries and rites of TKR recovery, the more I learn to trust the advice of the Administrators and Moderators. And to always refer to those initial recovery articles.
In a somewhat similar situation to you my friend. Was doing...
Saw surgeon who was very concerned with the heat in my joint and the feeling of fluid in my joint. He drew out some bloody fluid—I assume synovial fluid—and is having it tested for signs of infection. The encouraging news is that it did not look obviously infected, hurrah! If it isn’t an...
Thanks Celle. Seeing my surgeon this afternoon and need support to trust my instincts. My knee is looking much better but it doesn’t feel right and the two original spots of redness are still there. While I’ve never had cellulitis on my leg I have had it soooo many times on my face and neck that...
Despite my tome of information I still left out relevant material. The ortho PA I saw was in contact with my surgeon via the phone while I was in the ER. I am seeing him on tomorrow. I have told him of my history but, thank you for the encouragement Celle, I am going to print out some pictures...
Thanks Jockette! I have no problem with an even quicker access to the golden guidelines. How do I bookmark my thread so I can find it again? I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but would appreciate a point in the right direction.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.