Recent content by MyJampa

  1. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Thanks All, wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas:candle:
  2. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    @Josephine Thanks for taking the time and going through my concerns. I am just afraid and anxious about the changes my hip has been going through since the 5 month mark. My pain is slowly escalating as my activity has been almost zero. I feel like I am captive in my house. I sure hope you...
  3. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @Josephine You are close on my pain spots. I think the red and blue may be closer to the L2B line, and then I also get the pain on the inside of my thigh. I really have not done much activity since July. I do some stretches, the ones for piriformis syndrome and for trochanteric bursitis...
  4. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi, @Layla @Jaycey My OS said that to his eye my hip MRI was quite unremarkable, and could be similar to any THR at the 10 month mark. The report said Mild increased STIR signal about the components COULD reflect residual changes with developing hardware loosening... It did not identify it...
  5. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @Layla @Mojo333, I hope this note finds you guys well, and all ready for the holidays. I have been off the forum for a while trying to live life without worrying and thinking about my hip so much. It has not worked... :sad: At almost 10 month I still have pain. I did go back to my OS...
  6. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    @Josephine That is reassuring, I know that I definitely have the trigger points shown in the diagram. I will continue on with the stretching, icing and may take a walk through the pool on occasion. thanks again :)
  7. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @Josephine My pain is not just in the one place, it seems to move around a bit. I do not have pain upon standing, only after walking or standing for a bit of time. When the hip gets painful I hold onto it as I walk and can feel a light snapping around the joint to the lateral side and front...
  8. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @Josephine, I may have been confusing about my timeline of events. I was actually very inactive from July 20 to the first week in September, this was when my OS said I had trochanteric bursitis. I returned to using my cane in July and continue to use it when going away from home, and am...
  9. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi, I have been doing pool therapy for almost a month now. I go twice a week and do some walking, side steps, and light swimming movement. This feels very good after the pool but I was hoping that it was going to help a bit more than it has. I am beginning to have pain while seated, if I...
  10. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @Layla, I have been on an anti inflammatory diet for about 3 months. Gave up sugar, processed food, gluten, eat very little dairy and drink alcohol on occasion. I have been doing a lot of the green leafy, veggies and fruits. Fix homemade chicken soup from an organic chicken every other...
  11. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hey @Mojo333 @Layla, Last week after I posted I did the one step forward and about 5 steps back. Not sure what happened but the pain deep in the hip and my glut has taken my walking down to almost nothing. (about 500 - 1000 steps a day) I was unable to stay at work for the full 8 hours on...
  12. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Thanks for the encouraging words, @Mojo333 @Layla I think I have a few things going on, the bursitis and piriformis syndrome and who knows what else... I have recently made the decision to retire...:happydance: And spend my first part of my next chapter getting healthy.:loveshwr: Hope you...
  13. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @ Layla, @Mojo333 So it has now been a month of my setback with the hip bursitis. I am very hesitant to use anti inflammatories or cortisone shots (they can cause you to be symptoms of being refloxed and I do not want to go through that again) Due to the Levaquin I took. I still Ice a...
  14. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Hi @1stSurgery, Yes, I was given Levaquin for a UTI that went to my kidney after my THR. I had some strange tingling and pain in my left arm after taking the first pill, which made me read the drug info. I ended up taking a 2nd which gave me pain and tingling in both arms. I had been walking...
  15. MyJampa

    THR 10 months and still in pain<

    Got back from my OS and he also thought that it was Trochanteric Bursitis. He took and x-ray just to make sure that nothing looked out of place. He was happy with how things looked. He gave me a one time referral to go to PT to get some good stretches for someone at my stage of a posterior...
Back
Top Bottom