Recent content by Mutwa

  1. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Relapsed inguinal hernia. In the pelvic area. It was repaired with laparoscopic surgery. However, a hip revision surgeon put me under and I woke up with groin pain. The hip replacement was fine. So he must have really moved it around, setting me up for revision surgery of the hernia instead.
  2. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    @Debru4 Interesting idea. @benne68 Injection didn’t last, but it was diagnostic. The ischiofemoral pain is separately sourced from the trochanteral. All. I also have a relapsed initial hernia. I’m scheduled with professorial docs now at UTSouthwestern.
  3. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    I had AI read the MRI report. I missed that the impingement is bilateral. And I noticed that I have a relapsed hernia.
  4. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    @Layla I may be on the revision trail. Today I had the trochanter bursa injection. Muscles there are overstretched, seen many docs saying it’s my back while the radiologist says, nope. Quadratus femoris is getting pinched by the prosthesis. Result: atrophy. Next step is steroid injection, but...
  5. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Long time since I posted. I got better and was able to lift barbells l, even competitively, until about April this year, when everything fell apart again. Last night, with the help of chatGPT, I was able to isolate deep gluteal pain, that is, in the quadratus femoris (QF). I’m going to see a...
  6. Mutwa

    THR Lingering Bursitis

    You might skip over to my thread, where I have blogged extensively about similar issues. Have you had an MRI? I don’t see where you have. Don’t ignore any radiologist report findings. Possibilities: The stinging pain attributed to bursitis may be tendinitis. In my case, the lesser trochanter...
  7. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Update on the left hip. A sportsmed put something in my quadratus femoris. On the way in, he noted unusually tough fascia (and I got a spasm when he got through. So he needled it a number of times. He thinks that the fascia problem was a hip replacement artifact. That took place in 1/2020...
  8. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Went in today for an injection into the quadratus femoris. However, the physiatrist could not see the target with his ultrasound equipment, so he aborted the procedure. He is sending me to an interventional radiologist or a Sportsmed, This is an uncommon procedure, so it might take some...
  9. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    I finally found a pain management doc who is interested in finding and curing the source of the pain. We’re now working on a ischiofemoral impingement diagnosis. Though this mostly affects females, it apparently can be an artifact of THR.
  10. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Had to choose between the procedures, since both involved steroids. Due to timing, I had to make a decision
  11. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    MRIs had.nothing actionable. Pain manager: L345 get facet injections. Pain interventionist: Complex regional pain syndrome. I’ll anesthetize some ganglia in the back, a sympathetic block. Go ahead with the injections as well. That’ll take care of some arthritic issues. So two procedures in two...
  12. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Pain increased, can’t sleep. Hip revision guy cleared me for neurosurgeon. Now on hydrocodone pending hearing about MRI, of spine from shoulders down, done last Thursday.
  13. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    Injections didn’t help. I went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. Looking at my 15 month old MRI, the PA was skeptical. After two docs said I had L45S1 stenosis, PA said it looked perfectly fine. However, she scheduled an MRI of the entire spine. Hip reconstruction doc found no hip infection. So...
  14. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    @SaraK Going to hospital Friday where revision surgeon will draw a sample. After analysis, he might inject a steroid.
  15. Mutwa

    THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

    I texted my DPT per your suggestion. She gave me the name of a doc who is much liked by two of her patients.
Back
Top Bottom