Six months out and healing is slow and still painful (nothing like my first tkr on other knee)
Even though xrays keep showing perfect alignment, something just doesn't feel right. Snapping still present and comfort just not there yet for regular walks. Discouraging to say the least. I can take...
Thank you again for your sage advice @FCBayern. I know it will take awhile. I think I was just spoiled with the TKR on my other knee because it was much easier. I had similar progress in the beginning with this one, good ROM, but then it went completely south with no explanation. I was just...
Thank you @Jockette! Just so confused because I was doing okay up until 5/6 weeks, then took a nosedive with pain up and down on outside of knee still, knee stiffness and clicking/snapping. Not sure how much at home physio (stretching) to be doing 3 months in. When I had check up with surgeon...
Thank you @FCBayern . I actually was lucky to have a step I used to use in aerobics classes way back. It’s like the one they use in PT offices. I will just keep trying a few at a time. Going up is okay. Coming down causes pain. Won’t worry about it too much...for now. The side of my knee is not...
@gia2cats Funny you mentioned coming *down* steps. I am having that same problem, more this time than last. Just really kills me. I kept trying to do it anyway, but decided that it won’t hurt me to wait and heal a bit more and try again. Going up is okay, not completely easy yet, but at least I...
@Carmencita Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Great that you are trying to be as informed as possible before your surgery. I am not aware of any problems during the surgery due to my osteoporosis and I have a great relationship with my OS, so I think he would have mentioned it. Now you...
Thanks @Goma for sharing your experience. That’s why this site is so helpful to so many going through the same thing. Better each day. Sleep slowly improving. However, I make sure I do gentle stretches every day, don’t miss a day, just not too taxing if I am in pain. I feel, at this stage, it’s...
@Nancan Thank you for your post. I am really struggling with sleep at 9 weeks. Up, down, up, down all night. Sooooo exhausted. I know it will improve with time. Just frustrating, like it is for most.
@Goma Just read your other post. You have been through so much. You’ve got this! Congrats on becoming a Grandma. I, too, am going to be a Grandparent for the first time in June. The thought of that gives me that extra push I need.
@Goma I wish you all the best in your recovery. You are really early in the recovery process, so try not to stress over your numbness and gait. Easy for me to say when this is your first time, so I apologize. I have gone through once before so I had a bit more incite into what expect this time...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.