Recent content by MurrayB

  1. M

    Spine It's not my knees! It’s the spine!

    Now 6 years after having my R TKR then a revision, then a L TKR, and 10 months after that, I am still having stiffness, pain, reduced ROM & more-in both knees. On a suggestion, I recently had an MRI on my lower back & discovered that I have a Lumbar Spinal Stenosis which is (probably)...
  2. M

    TKR Diagnosing Metal Allergy

    I had my latest L. TKR done on Dec. 14, 2023. Even with Opioids etc. the pain levels were extreme, >10. It's now been 4 months and the constant pain is gone but 'new' pains persist, especially in the Patella Tendon region and the the medial joint line. Both these areas produce pain that is...
  3. M

    TKR Diagnosing Metal Allergy

    How possible is it to know if I have a Metal sensitivity or Allergy to my TKR's? I have had 2 TKR's on my R. knee(2018 & 2021) then in Dec. 2023, I had a L. TKR. I have daily pain in both knees, reduced ROM, stiffness, swelling(after 3 years in my R.)) and more. Sleeping is a challenge as pain...
  4. M

    Should I cancel surgery?

    I had a R TKR in 2018, followed by a revision in 2021. To date the knee is 'worse' than ever. Now my L knee needs a replacement, scheduled for Dec. 14, in 5 days. I have a serious concern that Physio will not know how to help me as my R. knee can & does restrict my mobility and standing. Added...
  5. M

    Revision TKR Four Months Out and Still Can't Walk

    I too have had a TKR followed by 2 MUA's within a year all to no avail. Knee remained stiff, pain occurring at random spots on or near knee including patella Tendon area. Then after 2 yrs. a revision(TKR) with the same results so now I am 5+ years post 1st TKR and have seen 7 Ortho. surgeons...
  6. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I have had 2 PRP Injections on my L. knee but they did nothing for my knee pain. I consulted with another(#7) Ortho. Surgeon who looked at my X-Ray & said I was too far along to have any effect from PRP. My L. knee is at 'End-stage' Arthritis. And I have the pain to go with it. So now I need a...
  7. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I had my 1st TKR in 2018 followed by 2 Arthroscopic surgeries approx. 12 months apart to remove scar tissue. Pain & reduced ROM continued. Referred to 2nd Ortho. Surgeon who performed 2nd TKR(same knee) in 2021. Same results, pain, reduced ROM still ongoing now. So far have seen 6 Ortho...
  8. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I know I have posted this before but I feel I need to express what I feel is the source of a common problem(s)-pain, stiffness, post TKR. I had my R TKR in 2018, followed by 2 Arthroscopic surgeries for scar tissue removal and MUA. The process started over again leading to a Revision in 2021 and...
  9. M

    Revision TKR 15 months post-op. Still in pain.

    I am in the same situation, going on 5 years now. I had my 1st RTKR in July 2018, then a revisionTKR in June 2021 and here I am with the same or more pain, loss of ROM, night pain, etc. etc. I too wish I had never had this done. Doctors don't want to do my L knee for fear of the same happening...
  10. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I had a RTKR in 2018, followed by 2 MUA's within a year to remove scar tissue. Then in 2021 had a revision(complete removal & replacement) and now my pain. stiffness, pain, loss of ROM is greater than before. I've seen 6 Surgeons (4 in Can. 2 in U.S.) who say they don't know what to do. X-rays...
  11. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    Hello! Had my original TKR in July 2018, followed by 2 Arthroscopic MUA's. Then in 2021(June) was referred to new Surgeon who did a revision TKR. Over a year later and still having pain, swelling, reduced ROM, knee clicking, stiffness, etc. I'm told it could be my genetics producing copious...
  12. M

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    I had a TKR in 2018, followed by 2 Arhroscopic interventions + MUA's within 18 months. Then in 2021 I had a revision of the original TKR primarily to overcome the pain and lost ROM +++ I experienced. Now after the revision I still have same pains: over the patella, over the head of the Fibula...
  13. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I had a TKR in 2018, followed by 2 Arhroscopic interventions + MUA's within 18 months. Then in 2021 I had a revision of the original TKR primarily to overcome the pain and lost ROM +++ I experienced. Now after the revision I still have same pains: over the patella, over the head of the Fibula...
  14. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    Well now I am 18+ months post-op and my knee is nowhere near comfortable, reliable, or fully functional. And now I have a very suspicious 'Rash' all around the knee (operated). I still have trouble with stairs, walking a long distance, sleeping (esp. turning in bed), and the 'feeling' that my...
  15. M

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I couldn't agree more. He's a good surgeon but not good at problem-solving. I need a Sherlock Holmes. Any suggestions?
Back
Top Bottom