Recent content by Mumu

  1. Mumu

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    I started back to school last week ( 10 weeks post-op) and logged 11,000 steps on the first day, oy vey! Happy to be back to work, but pretty fatigued upon arrival home. Last Sunday I drove 4 hours round trip with dogs in tow to visit my daughters family; I babysat a very busy three year...
  2. Mumu

    TKR Biscuit's Recovery II

    Last year my OS’s PA threatenened mecwith a MUA BEFORE my surgery. I was petrified. A lot of stuff he told me had shock value added it it, I hated seeing him. During a post op check, i asked my OS about MUA, he looked at me quizzically, said MUAs are very rare, and wanted to know why I...
  3. Mumu

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    Nine week post op! Yay! Have increased my dog walking route to about 1.5 miles and am “swimming” about 90 minutes a day (more like bobbing and chatting, with lots of leg bending.) New scar (glued) is looking thin, i think it’s going to turn out less noticeable than last year’s (staples.). I...
  4. Mumu

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Nutty Brunette: you may want to ask your G.P. about a reasonable way to taper off the Tramadol. I think Ellie and I both tapered too quickly and then suffered really debilitating consequences.
  5. Mumu

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Ellie: Last week I dumped my few remaining Norco and a ton of Tramadol. Last year after TKR #1, i dumped a whole bottle of Percocet. I will have to find an alternative if i ever need narcotics again!
  6. Mumu

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Dramamine helped me when I was having such a horrible time. My withdrawal symptoms lasted four miserable days. I will never take Tramadol again!
  7. Mumu

    TKR Desperate for recovery advice<

    I feel outraged when i read stories about doctors like this! The “staff girl” is not qualified to advice about medications. What kind of doctor scolds a patient before surgery!? Geeez. I was fuming just reading this! I feel so lucky that my OS is accessible and liberal with meds and empathy...
  8. Mumu

    TKR I Feel Like the Tin Man these Days

    About the staples: I had them for TKR #1 last year, and it did not hurt when they were removed on Day 12. This year I had glue, which was great.
  9. Mumu

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    Almost seven weeks post-op now. Had a post-op visit with OS today, he said everything looks perfect. My incision has flattened out and is fading. I am not doing outpatient PT (with surgeon’s blesing) nor do I do any “exercises.” He eyeballed my ROM and gave it a thumbs up. In lieu of PT...
  10. Mumu

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    I am almost 6 weeks, too. Have not been to PT yet, and don’t plan on going. I quit the Norco after 4 days, then took Tramadol for about 2 weeks. Both meds made me queasy. I decided I’d rather have mild-moderate pain than feel nauseous, cranky, and sweaty all day long. I had awful cold...
  11. Mumu

    General anesthesia vs spinal for TKR

    Last year i had spinal anesthesia with propofol sedation. Do not remember a thing, not even the spinal induction as they gave me some versed when i got to the OR. Had a catheter, and a pain block in my thigh. Woke up in the OR as soon as they were done. Felt good. Last month i had general...
  12. Mumu

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    Yes, terrible time with nausea when I went OFF the pain pills last week. I tried Dramamine and it helped.
  13. Mumu

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    Today is my 4 week anniversary. I was able to add a block to my dog walking rounds today, guessing i was out moving very slowly for about 30 minutes. I also drove to Trader Joe’s and did a very light grocery trip. Pruned a few roses, watered, now I am icing and ready to nap. Pain is...
  14. Mumu

    TKR PT- To do or not to do?

    Inked Marie- the only things I am really doing right now (day 24) are some household chores and a 20 minute morning dog walk. I was able to drive the past few days, but a very quick trip to the store to get one item wore me out! My gait is improved, but slow. Flexion about 95,extension 5...
  15. Mumu

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    Three weeks post op, but It seems like three months, LOL. I really reined in the activity the last week, so everyday is a lazy repeat, with visitors tossed in for entertainment. I was already walking my dogs around the block during week two, and even though I can easily do it, i have decided...
Back
Top Bottom