Recent content by mtsumomm22

  1. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    HI Everyone! haven't been on in awhile, started a new position at work and it has kept me busy! I am doing great! Still get stiff at times, if I could just get up and down the steps again that would be great! Do have a couple of questions for you all though. 1. I was trying to go down the...
  2. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Just curious from the peeps a little further out than me; when did you start sleeping in the bed again comfortably? 6 weeks post op and I’m still not there, ugh!!! Thank Goodness for the couch and recliner!! Start back to work Monday, was just looking for some advice. Doing amazing other wise...
  3. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Just curious from the peeps a little further out than me; when did you start sleeping in the bed again comfortably? 6 weeks post op and I’m still not there, ugh!!! start back to work Monday, was just looking for some advice
  4. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone! 4 weeks post op and I am off crutches except for long distances and then just in case, only taking ibuprofen and gabapentin and the occasional Tylenol. Bending 115 degrees on my own! Every week is better than the last. I found if I am active one day, the next I need to slow down...
  5. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    And what helps?!?:thud:
  6. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi Everyone! 3 weeks today!! I am doing really well! I am only taking Ibuprofen for the most part. Sometimes a Norco to sleep. Question for everyone else why is my lower back hurting so much!!!
  7. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone! My recovery is coming along. Today marks 3 weeks and I am walking on one crutch around the house and bending on my own 95 degrees. Days are pretty good! Nights are the worst! You would think they would have figured out a way for people to sleep by now after this surgery!:flabber:
  8. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone, 1 week ago today... still not 100% sure I made the right decision! Would love to feel more comfortable sitting up and spending time out of bed. Can’t seem to find the sweet spot to be able to sit. Feel very wheepy all the time. Fingers crossed week 2gets things better
  9. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone, any tips for sleeping would greatly appreciated! It’s the worst! Pain is horrible, sleep is just not happening, which makes for very long days!
  10. mtsumomm22

    TKR mtsumomm22's Recovery Thread

    Hi @badknees82, I survived surgery. It’s been crazy! Got home today been taking tons of meds to keep comfortable. Already walked up and down stairs and around the hospital floor! With a walker of course but I’m moving! So far the worst was when the nerve block wore off, but we got it under...
  11. mtsumomm22

    TKR at 44

    Hi @badknees82, I survived surgery. It’s been crazy! Got home today been taking tons of meds to keep comfortable. Already walked up and down stairs and around the hospital floor! With a walker of course but I’m moving! So far the worst was when the nerve block wore off, but we got it under...
  12. mtsumomm22

    TKR at 44

    @badknees82 My Dr. has been unbelievable! I had tried cortisone shots years ago and my insurance wouldn't cover gel shots. That's when he decided to do a partial replacement back in June. When he got in to surgery and saw how bad my knee was he cleaned it a little and closed up. That's when...
  13. mtsumomm22

    TKR lindakay’s recovery thread

    @lindakay I am going to keep up with you this week if you post! I have mine done of 9/11! It all seems so scary!
  14. mtsumomm22

    Presurgery..... nervous

    I am 45 and having my left one done in a couple of weeks. Super scared of the surgery and recovery but will be excited to get back to doing things that I don't do now because my knee hurts all the time.
  15. mtsumomm22

    TKR at 44

    I am 45 and having my left knee replaced on 9/11. I am a little scared but the closer it is getting the better I am feeling about my decision. I am mostly scared of the pain the week after the surgery. But and super excited about how I will feel this time next year!!! I think more and more...
Back
Top Bottom