Recent content by mtmtoronto

  1. mtmtoronto

    TKR Surgery 1/27, at home...wasn't entirely prepared

    All great advice on this thread. I had two complex TKRs in 2019, 3 and half months apart. It does get better as the first few weeks go by. Based on my experience of having 2 knees done, I can say that each knee had a slightly different experience in terms of swelling and pain, but the...
  2. mtmtoronto

    TKR Looking for guidance

    My stationary bike is the best investment I've made in a long time! I've had 2 complex TKRs over the past few months. After each surgery, I slowly built up the time and resistance level on Larry ( my bike!) until i was biking 45 - 60 minutes, twice a day. I found that starting with gentle...
  3. mtmtoronto

    Bilateral TKR DREADING BTKR....

    Best of luck on your surgery day! I had both of my knees done (complex TKR & alignment) about 3 and half months apart (July and November). I live alone in a house full of stairs, so having BTKR seemed overwhelming to yours truly. The recovery from 2 surgeries wasn't nearly as bad as I feared...
  4. mtmtoronto

    Revised PKR to TKR 3rd Knee Replacement - Am I Bionic yet?

    I've had 2 TKRs over the last 6 months (right knee in July and left knee in November). I can completely empathize with being in a constant state of recovery. Based on my 2 experiences, a) each knee heals at its own pace and b) it gets better! I'm at the 10 week timeline for the left knee and...
  5. mtmtoronto

    TKR TKR catching/ locking????

    I experienced the "catching" feeling with both of my knees. Usually happened when i was bending & straightening my knee. It freaked me out after my first TKR (thought I broke my knee!). After about 3 months, the catching sensation stopped and my knee was fine. My surgeon warned me that my new...
  6. mtmtoronto

    TKR Which knee first?

    It was actually 3.5 months between the right and left knee surgeries. My thinking (and the surgeon's!) was that 3 - 4 months between surgeries should give me enough time to get the right knee functioning & strong enough to support the left knee, post-surgery. Having that November surgery...
  7. mtmtoronto

    TKR Which knee first?

    Doing both surgeries at the same time wasn't presented as a recommended option to me. I live alone in a house with lots of stairs - the idea of having to rehab 2 knees at the same time seemed overwhelming and I preferred to do one at a time, anyway. I went through knee surgery 20 years earlier...
  8. mtmtoronto

    TKR Which knee first?

    I've had 2 TKRs over the past 5 months. I did my worst, most misaligned, less stable knee first. For me, that was my right knee. I did the right knee in July, since I knew I'd end up relying on my left knee (it also had considerable pain and misalignment, but was stronger) for the first...
  9. mtmtoronto

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    So glad you are having a good recovery, Luvcats! You are giving me confidence for my left TKR in November! I can't wait to have two aligned, strong knees! Have a great weekend!
  10. mtmtoronto

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Thanks Mydogray - my surgery did go well! Happy to report that I have started to climb stairs with my right knee - strength is coming back :). Started another round of physio, today, to focus on the areas of my body that need help adjusting to my new gait and leg alignment. Hope all goes...
  11. mtmtoronto

    TKR Bad day

    Hi Maria, I'm just over 7 weeks out from a complex TKR in my right knee. I had quite a bit of soft tissue repair done as well (extensive lateral release and IT Band release, according to my surgeon's notes). In the first few weeks after my surgery, I didn't find the pain in my knee joint to be...
  12. mtmtoronto

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Hello! You can add me to the November Nimbles list. I'm on my surgeon's schedule to have my left TKR for November 4th. :) thanks!
  13. mtmtoronto

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    For the most part, my PT knee class at the hospital where i had my surgery was quite good, though I didn't hesitate to push back on a couple of exercises that didn't feel right! I said "no" to the squats, mainly because of my non-surgical knee! I needed to rely on my non TKR leg to handle the...
  14. mtmtoronto

    TKR mtmtoronto's Recovery Thread - Lucy 2.0

    Hi Folks, Well - it has been about 3 and a half weeks since my total right knee replacement surgery. Before posting, I wanted to see how the first days and weeks went for my recovery and get over any first bumps. Overall, I think my recovery has been quite good. Going into the surgery, I...
Back
Top Bottom