Recent content by MrsJW

  1. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Thanks, I know the scar shouldn’t matter really. My mobility now is generally much better. I’m using my exercise bike a few times a week and can walk up and downstairs normally (not been able to do that for years) the swelling has gone too. I still get stiffness some days. Sometimes it feels so...
  2. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Please can anyone let me know what happens if one of your stitches doesn’t dissolve? It’s over 4 months since my pkr op, my scar is still quite purple but I can see what I think is a stitch just under the skin. Will it dissolve or will I have to face it removed? Thanks
  3. MrsJW

    Total vanity question

    Wow I’ve just come across these photos and they have filled me with joy! I’m 15 weeks post op and my scar looks awful. I’ve been using bio oil on it but it’s still purple and ugly, and to see your legs looking like that has made me feel so happy! I might even be able to put my shorts back on...
  4. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Does anyone know whether it’s possible that one of my stitches has not dissolved? My scar is healing ok but I have a lump at the top, slightly puckered. The physio has told me to massage it in circular motions which I have been doing. She said something about the scar tissues being stuck to...
  5. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Hello everyone. I just thought I would update you on my recovery. I am over 5 weeks post op now and definitely improving although I still have good days and bad days. My sleep is still hit and miss, but I can lie on either side now providing I have my knee cushioned by pillows. I am not doing my...
  6. MrsJW

    TKR Struggling to Bend

    I don’t do my physio every day either. Sometimes I’m too sore/stiff/exhausted. I do it as often as I can and I make sure I don’t hurt myself. I’m still worried about the wound opening up (it’s completely closed and I know it won’t - just feels so tight) or doing some kind of damage so I’d rather...
  7. MrsJW

    TKR Struggling to Bend

    This sounds awful!! I am 5 weeks post op and can bend just over 90 degrees now although some days it’s stiffer and much more difficult. I have been doing my exercises at home but have decided not to put myself under too much pressure. I’m trying to treat my knee gently. I have been worried about...
  8. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    very interesting articles thank you xx
  9. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Hello. I have only just seen these messages but they fill me with hope. I’m just over 3 weeks post op now and feeling more positive. I slept for 6 hours last night with my husband in the same bed (he’s been in the spare room since I got home) and feel so much better. I had physio this week and...
  10. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Hi, hope you don’t mind me messaging you. I’ve had the same op as you (21/7) and was wondering how you’re getting on now? I know I’m not yet 3 weeks post op but I have a lot of stiffness and can’t bend my knee much at all. I also get a sharp pain on the inside of my knee if I try and increase...
  11. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Thanks, this is good to know. I’m a bit tentative about touching it but I’m glad to know it’s not something serious like nerve damage which is what I thought!
  12. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    I know, it’s been a godsend for me x
  13. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Thank you. That’s a relief. I have been worrying about it. I can’t believe how much I didn’t know before having the op.
  14. MrsJW

    PKR MrsJW's Recovery Thread, stitches not dissolved.

    Hello again I just have one more question! Is it normal for the knee to feel numb to the touch (I’m 2 weeks post op now) It’s healing well and I looked at the scar yesterday for the first time: it looks good. It’s still very swollen which I know is normal but I’m worried about the numbness...
Back
Top Bottom