Recent content by mrpounds

  1. M

    THR Making it so far....

    Made it home today from the hospital. Surgery went good says my surgeon....so far I am thinking it is kind of going to be alot of trial and error....being at home is way different than the hospital setting. So far today I have had issues getting in an out of a vehicle, gotten almost stuck in my...
  2. M

    Hip replacement March 7th

    Finally got the word from L and I that my surgery has been ok'd thanks to the surgeon writing a nice letter clearing up the coding issues and whatever. So, I am now anxiously awaiting waking up Thursday to go to get myself a new hip.....perfect timing too since I have been in alot of pain the...
  3. M

    Total hip March 7th, 2013

    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get my hip replaced on March 7th....was scheduled for Feb. 7th , 2013 but at the last second basically, ok, days before, but after I had done all the pre-op blood work, urine test, x-ray....I get a call saying, close but no cigar due to a paperwork glitch...
  4. M

    Changing my name to Charlie Brown

    I feel like Charlie Brown and had Lucy grab the football out from under me right when I was ready to kick it.....just days before my scheduled Hip replacement surgery was to happen I get a call from the hospital saying my surgery in now delayed due to a paperwork mix up with Labor and...
  5. M

    Total hip replacement on Feb. 7th 2013

    Wondering if anybody out there has been scheduled to have their tendon in the hip area repaired along with their leg being lengthened when they have their hip replaced? When the rod was removed from my leg that I had broken during the accident that also broke my hip, after the removal my leg was...
  6. M

    Total hip replacement on Feb. 7th 2013

    Am wondering if anybody out there has been told by their ortho surgeon that after they have surgery to replace their hip, that they can only lift a limited amount of weight forever or never climb a ladder again? Also, is it possible a patient can go home after surgery and not have to have a...
  7. M

    Total hip replacement on Feb. 7th 2013

    I am having surgery for my hip on Feb. 7th and then sometime later in the year, a new knee put in on the opposite leg due to a crushing injury that I have been healing from since June 2011. I am wondering about what to expect after my surgery, and also am reading on this site about having to...
  8. M

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    I am having a total hip replacement done on Feb. 7th on my right side and a knee replacement on the left side later in the year. I am wondering about limitations I will have afterwards. I have been told I will not be able to climb ladders or lift over 30 pounds. I am also currently looking for...
Back
Top Bottom