Recent content by mpj200

  1. mpj200

    TKR 15 month post op worst decision of my life!

    Sorry you are having problems. I am at 15 month’s post op from both knees replaced. Worse decision I ever made. I really miss my old knees. My second opinion was a revision specialist. No help at all. Told me there not much they could do. I’m still not convinced that’s true and have a 3rd Dr...
  2. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Blood test came back negative. Very happy about that. The 2nd opinion Dr is taking X-rays in May and then comparing all my X-rays since my surgery (will be 15 months post op at that point) to see if there are any problems with the implants. Since I’ve had the exact same issue on both knees...
  3. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    I used tennis balls and I have a roller as well. Doesn’t have an effect. The thing about my knees that trips all the Dr’s up is that my issue is constant. Something has invaded both my knees. They both feel identical. And I can feel the grip on them at all times. Even when elevating them...
  4. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    I’m definitely getting a third opinion if nothing shows up in these last two test my that my second Dr is doing. He’s doing blood work to check for an infection and reviewing all my X-rays post op. He is a revision specialist from Philadelphia that just moved to my area. I have no idea if...
  5. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Had my second opinion. This surgeon, who specializes in “problem” replacements, did not seem to think that my arthrofibrosis was the source of my pain. He said I just had “painful knee replacement” which is unexplained pain after healing should have already occurred. Basically they can’t explain...
  6. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    That’s basically it in a nutshell. Process of elimination. When I research Arthrofibrosis, and look that the indicators and symptoms, they match up. My frustration is that I have been telling my OS this for 9 months. Up until last week, they kept telling me that if I still had these issues at a...
  7. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Based on the condition of both knees and what I am telling him. I don’t think there is a test that shows Arthrofibrosis? But based on what I’ve read and what he has said, I believe that’s what it is. I don’t have nickel in my knees so there’s no allergic reaction. My knees feel very strong. I...
  8. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Apparently this practice doesn’t see patients with Arthrofibrosis after a TKR. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    *UPDATE *Just had my 1 year follow up. It was awful. The Surgeon diagnosed me with Arthrofibrosis and isn’t overly confident that surgery will fix the problem. Both knees TKR a year ago and both feel worse now than before the surgery. I am getting a second opinion next week but very...
  10. mpj200

    MUA Rubber band feeling'

    Tell me if any of this sounds like what you are experiencing. FYI, I had BTKR on Feb 7, 2017. So I’m at 11 months. And I feel exactly the same as I did 7 months ago. It does feel like a vice grip on both my knees. Icing helps. But it’s with me all day on both knees. From the moment I wake up...
  11. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    I was released at 3 1/2 months. I was fine then. A little sore, but not the same issues I am having these days. If my PT was aggressive, that pain was in the first few months. The pain I have now started after I stopped all PT and stopped exercising at home. I took it easy and it started to...
  12. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    I am curious if anyone else has had major scar tissue issues that required going back in to scope it out? I understand @skigirl has? I have been at the same place for 8 months. Very tight and lots of discomfort. No pain if I’m sitting or in bed. But walking I have a hard time bending my knees...
  13. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    To update my situation, I did have a nerve test and ruled out nerve issues. I have been at the same place for 8 months. Very tight and lots of discomfort. No pain if I’m sitting or in bed. But walking I have a hard time bending my knees. My gait is terrible. It’s low pain, but high...
  14. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I went to Europe in October for 3 weeks and made it through, thanks to Tubigrip. Did get really sore towards the end and took a little pain medication for the flight home. January 7 will be 11 months for me on BTKR. Still feel the same as I did 8...
  15. mpj200

    Bilateral TKR Halfway there...transitioning issues<<

    Yeah I’m just worried about customs. This is morphine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom