Recent content by movingwell

  1. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Hi all At 3 months and 1 week I still have pain in groin (although less since taking pain meds again as per Josephine's instructions several weeks back) but worse than that and more stressful is knee pain, mostly pain when I lift leg as in to march. I know it's normal at earlier stages of...
  2. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    thanks, Layla I will. and @An54 the class was learning the Charleston which was probably the worst with all the kicks and turns. I survived it with just some soreness but definitely don't want to do it again for a while. you are smart to wait and I will be too now:))
  3. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    ok, I got it! chill out a little and continue taking the meds...be more patient...
  4. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    hello all I am between 10 and 11 weeks out now and still having pain in leg like a deep bone pain in the front upper thigh sometimes sort of reverberating to the knee and still although, not using a cane, find it hard to put full weight on my leg without limping. I can stand with equal weight...
  5. movingwell

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams'2018 Hip Recovery Club!

    hello june sunbeamers... I'm almost 4 weeks out (monday) and doing mostly well although still have some groin pain that is keeping me from walking without a cane. I'm concerned about this. any advice or thoughts? I didi not have this with my first one and was walking unassisted much sooner.
  6. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    ok, I will change the meds schedule and will cut out the exercises except for walking. I thought my activities seemed in keeping with the 3rd week. thank you for your time and advice. Ellen
  7. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    I did say once daily
  8. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    I did say I do all these ex once a day and each ex 10 reps
  9. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    @Josephine 1. pain: between 2-3 2. Meds: have been prescribed oxycodone and Tramadol I have not taken any of them just 2 650mg of Tylenol 2-3 times a day which helps 3. icing: yes less these last few days but before that changing my ice pack every hour our so. my swelling has gone down to...
  10. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    @Layla, thanks for responding. I think I may be pushing it too. I just canceled some of what I was going to do and may at the last minute cancel more. I can sit for probably 1/3 of then time I'm giving a massage. I only had a few hours scheduled but I'll save it for the following week if...
  11. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    yes of course what questions do you have for me?
  12. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Hello all I wanted to let you all know how I am doing and what I still struggle with. Today marks 3 weeks and I think I'm doing very well for the most part. I have only taken Tylenol after hospital and still feel like I need it everyday as it works well to keep me at a 1-2 pain level if any...
  13. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Jaycey thanks I do have Tramadol but I am so afraid of nausea and that spacey feeling...
  14. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Hi southerncook! Yay us!!! We did it. So I was taking the 650 mg tabs 2 twice a day but you can take them 3 times a day so I upped it in the last few days. I was wondering about sleep position. I usually start on my back with a pillow under my knees but soon turn onto to my...
  15. movingwell

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Thanks for responding I am icing pretty much anytime I am sitting in my chair with my legs elevated which is a lot! I really don't want to take narcotics, really really. I don't know if I am under-medicated. I will say that when I take 2 Tylenol it does feel somewhat better and like I said...
Back
Top Bottom