Recent content by moonie8404

  1. M

    THR Diagnosed with bilateral acetabular protrusion at 37 - feeling a little lost!

    Good evening! A little update with my story - i asked my GP to refer me to Mr Jonathan Hutt's clinic at UCLH - I was finally seen today. I am so pleasef to report he confirmed my protrusio, and also explained my femur neck is actually not at the correct angle, it is more of aright angle when it...
  2. M

    Traumatic Appointment - Medical Gaslighting?

    I tried this too! I was told GP referral only or to look on their website. I'm so busy with work and kids off school atm my time is so limited but I'm hoping I can get some research done late in the evenings to try find someone who can help me. There must be someone out there who can. It is so...
  3. M

    THR Diagnosed with bilateral acetabular protrusion at 37 - feeling a little lost!

    Thanks @Jaycey , i did email Sarah at Marsh Medical, she replied saying I cannot pick them and my GP needs to refer me generically to the Trust.
  4. M

    THR Diagnosed with bilateral acetabular protrusion at 37 - feeling a little lost!

    Hi Jaycey, not that it means much to you but you were so supportive when I first posted, I had an awful experience with a local surgeon yesterday (I posted a separate thread if you look under my name). According to him my hips are totally normal, apparently Mr Zahn and other consultants are...
  5. M

    Traumatic Appointment - Medical Gaslighting?

    Thank you for commenting. What I can't understand is that about 4 other orthopaedic doctors, registrars etc who I've seen over the last 2 years all have said I have these conditions, he comes along and decides I don't. The MRIs clearly state I have impingements, you can see them on the x ray...
  6. M

    Traumatic Appointment - Medical Gaslighting?

    I forgot to say he said my MRI doesnt correlate with my pain, seeming to insinuate that it was in all in my head and made up. Utterly awful man.
  7. M

    Traumatic Appointment - Medical Gaslighting?

    I posted on here afew months ago, you will find my thread via my name. I was diagnosed with acetabular protrusion and impingement along with mild to moderate arthritic changes in September 2022. Ive seen other orthopaedic surgeons who also agree the same from my MRI and X ray I had. Well...
  8. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Thank you so much for your messages. They mean a lot. I think like you day years or pain and no one listening, you end up accepting this will be my life forever and that you'll have to live in pain like this. I'm sad I'm missing out so much on things with my children, I've missed so much...
  9. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Well, I did this already with a surgeon suggested on Bonesmart on another thread, got on his NHS list and then he has recently left the Trust and I have been discharged from that clinic too! So it was all pointless! I can't afford to spend more money on another appt for this to happen again :(
  10. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Jamie, I came on tonight to find this message, and it brought me to tears. Thank you so so much to you all for your support, it really means a lot because I often feel lost and forgotten about over my health. My hips are only a small part of my health issues, I have many other conditions which...
  11. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    , Thank you so so much!! I'll certainly be looking more into this and taking information to my GP to try and push for a referral. This means a lot!
  12. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    I will look at this hospital, but im not sure where this is off the top of my head! I think my GP will refuse to refer me, even if I show them that I am entitled for a referral to anywhere I choose not just the local hospitals!
  13. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    they have told me I may need two other replacements if I have it done now, and each time I will lose more bone. They also say I won't have the mobility that I do now, that really the success stories are based on elderly people who don't have to run around and look after young children like I...
  14. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Thanks for replying. I don't know where to start with a specialist surgeon. Dr Zahn was recommended to me on here, he was compassionate and great however said I should wait for my surgery due to my age, and then he left Ashford and also no longer under his care. My rheumatologist is all up...
  15. M

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    Thank you for your time. Yes, two surgeons I have seen have told me I need to preserve my natural hips as long as possible, I don't know but I think that they don't consider my condition bad enough for it? I am in pain every day with my hips, I do get around the best I can, but I am in pain...
Back
Top Bottom