Recent content by moodybluestoo

  1. M

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    Marvy: I know how frustrating it can be when people don't believe you. Just a question, do you still have a limp and is your hip weak. ( trendellenburg gait). Stick with advocating for yourself because if you don't , no one will. Only you know what you are feeling. I can only identify with...
  2. M

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    Hi Marvy: My surgical leg was 1 inch too long , so i was trying to push myself to that side and ended up with a bunion and hammer toe on the opposite side. No one believed me either. They suggested that i just didn't want to return to work. I was a nurse at the hospital it was done. People just...
  3. M

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    Hi Marvy; I also had difficulty walking after my hip surgery. I had LLD of about 1 inch but also had nerve damage. Finally the doctor ordered an MRI and found out that the muscle was partially torn off of the tendon. I was limping because the abductor muscle was not attached enough to hold my...
  4. M

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    Hi Marvy: I had a TRHR in May 2011 and had 4 complications, one of them being LLD of about 1 inch. It was too much of a difference to put a lift inside the shoe. I went to a shoe repair store and he was able to split the sole of a running shoe and add a piece into the sole and then put the...
  5. M

    THR Cameramom in recovery<

    Hi cameramom: I had a total rt hip replacement in 2011. I ended up with about a 1 inch longer leg on the rt side. I found this out after about 4 months. I also had other complications for which I had to have a second surgery and it was corrected at that time. In the meantime I went to a shoe...
  6. M

    THR Trouble sitting on toilet after THR

    Hi Gilly 1946: I am sorry to hear of your problems. I had trouble getting up off of a chair without the use of a walker or arms on the chair. My PT told me to pile books on a chair that I could sit on and get up from without assistance and practice getting up and down so the muscles got used to...
  7. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    After I had my hip done in May 2011 , I also had that problem at night for the first 6 months. I was up 4 to 5 times a night. I felt that I got no sleep at all. I put it down to being up and around during the day and the tissue swelling due to use and stress from doing things. Then at night you...
  8. M

    THR Growing Extra Bone

    Hi twinhipster: I have HO which developed after my RTHR in May 2011. I had no pain after my surgery but am left with alot of stiffness in that hip. I had other complications requiring a second surgery. During that surgery the OS removed the HO bone formation but it just returned after the...
  9. M

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Hi Cedric: Yes that is true because when you are in the water you don't have to support your weight because the water does. I had a total hip done in 2011 and due to LLD and other complications had to have it redone later that year. In the summer months I spent alot of time in the pool and the...
  10. M

    THR No pain

    Hi Acacia: I have found that my foot leg and hip on the operated side is always colder than the other leg. Shortly after I had my RHR my husband took me on a vacation to Kentucky. We were in the hills and were outside doing his hobby of astronomy , so it was late at night. We returned to the...
  11. M

    Heterotopic ossification

    Hi Hipmomma69: I do not know the answer to your question. I have no follow up re the HO and am no on NSAIDs. I was just told to continue with range of motion movement. I have stiffness if I do too much bending etc but I am unsure if it is from the HO. I also had motor nerve damage and am left...
  12. M

    TKR 5 Yrs Post Op Knee Pain

    Tinalouise, I have recently joined the forum and too have had avulsion of the gluteus medius muscle from the tendon. My os did a repair within months once it was discovered. Before the second surgery I could not go without a cane but now I am able to walk on a flat surface around home without a...
  13. M

    THR TinaLouise's Hip Replacement 2015

    Tinalouise, I have recently joined the forum and too have had avulsion of the gluteus medius muscle from the tendon. My os did a repair within months once it was discovered. Before the second surgery I could not go without a cane but now I am able to walk on a flat surface around home without a...
  14. M

    THR avulsion of gluteus medius muscle from tendon.

    Josephine , thankyou for your reply. No I did not have radiotherapy. It was never mentioned. What is radiotherapy? I did not have any pain after either surgery and took no pain medication. I was told that I had motor nerve damage but not sensory nerve damage. I find that hard to believe because...
  15. M

    THR avulsion of gluteus medius muscle from tendon.

    I have been viewing this forum for several years now. I had a trhr in 2011. It resulted in multiple complications. This forum has been very helpful. I have decided to post because of a person tinalouise that I read. When it was found by MRI that had avulsion of the muscle, my OS told me that the...
Back
Top Bottom