Recent content by MonyMony

  1. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    I am still in so much pain after my October 2019 TKR. MRI looks good but I have significant pain walking, stairs...anything really. Getting my knee from straight to bend is the worst-I can do it but it is very forced and slow. ! My bend is pretty good at 138 degrees, no problem with flexion when...
  2. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    Thanks for the encouragement especially since I’ve run out of some for myself! I do need my other knee replaced now as well but I am reluctant to do so with my TKR knee struggling so much-any thoughts on the aggravation this may cause my 1 year ago TKR knee?
  3. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    So I have been going to PT twice a week for a year now. Xrays look fine. I’m wondering if MRI would reveal something that X-rays don’t. I just want to be able to go for a walk I’m 64, overweight but not a huge amt. now spasms in my knee have started. Interesting about your suggestion to take a...
  4. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    TKR was 1 year ago. I am so much worse off that before my TKR. Steps-I can’t go down normally yet-significant pain, walking feels VERY unnatural and uncomfortable. Sleep is still very painful. xrays seem to look fine, my therapist thinks it’s still soft tissue related and that I have areas that...
  5. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    Macknit-I’m curious, are you able to get out of a pool that only has a ladder?
  6. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    Left knee-I’m following direction of my physical therapist on the ant of exercises. I will back off and see if it helps-I just would like to walk from my car to the movies or something like that without my knee flaring up....maybe the 4 day cruise I went on was a bad idea!
  7. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    Oh yeah-and I do the above regime 3 times a day...usually
  8. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    TKRs was Oct. 2, 2019. My surgeon would only give me Norco for 2 weeks so only Tylenol and Advil since then. Current regime is 15 minutes of stationary bike, ham string stretch, 30 heel lifts, 2 sets of 10 with 4lb weights of straight leg lifts and bent knee lifts, 10 side leg lifts and 10 step...
  9. M

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    Ouch! Never thought I would be in this much pain still! My bend is decent-131, I can straighten great, I can ride a bike till the cows come home but walking still hurts like crazy and swells immediately, so discouraged...
Back
Top Bottom