Recent content by Montana

  1. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    I would appreciate a referral to a surgeon in my area who specializes in problem knees. I live in Santa Rosa, California and can travel to most places in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you so much.
  2. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    I had a left total knee replacement on 9/16/2019. I am disappointed and frustrated with the outcome and I need to know how to go forward. My flexion is only at 80-85. I experience Almost constant pain. Now what? Is this arthrofibrosis? What can be done at this point short of a revision.
  3. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    Thank you for your advice especially about alternative therapies. Since I am going to a clinic where one of the practitioners does the Grastontechnique I will talk to him. I am impatient to return to what was a very active lifestyle. I thought I would be there by now. I am seventy years old...
  4. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    My big fear is that I do have scar tissue in the knee. Has anyone heard of success with breaking up surgical adhesions arthroscopically? I have also been researching the Graston Technique but I dont know if it is used for internal scar tissue. A local sports chiropractor in my town uses this...
  5. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    I saw my surgeon for a second time today. My complaint is continued pain, stiffness and limited range of motion at almost 4 months out. At my initial visit he suggested a MUA; this time he said a manipulation was off the table because at this point the risks were too great. A part of me was...
  6. M

    TKR Babag - still in pain

    I am also a little over three months out from surgery. I continue to take Norco 5 about every 6 hours though sometimes I can go to eight hours. My doctor tried to get me on an anti inflammatory so I could get off the narcotic but the GI side effects were severe. I tolerate the norco without any...
  7. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    I’m now three months and two weeks out from surgery. Today I came home from a several hour outing with a friend. My knee, calf, ankle and foot were swollen and my knee felt wrapped in a rubber tourniquet. I got the ice out and arranged the pillows to elevate all the while feeling so...
  8. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    Today I walked in my neighborhood six blocks using two walking sticks. I still feel awkward and unsteady when walking but the sticks help. This was as far as I walked before my tkr. I’m hoping my balance will improve as my leg muscles become stronger. I feel I’m unusual on this forum because I...
  9. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    12 weeks out from surgery date with limited (to me) ROM. I am impatient to get enough flexion to ride a stationary bike. My physical therapist encourages back and forth for 10 minutes on the bike. I’m also wanting to build my leg muscles back up. I would like to add strength training for both my...
  10. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    Thank you for the encouragement to accept that my knee will gain ROM slower than the average. The prospect of undergoing a procedure that requires general anesthesia and could result in a broken bone or ruptured tendon is unacceptable to me. I see positive changes in my mobility and strength...
  11. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    Today was my first visit with the surgeon-two months after my replacement. He said my X-ray looked good however my ROM is poor for being this far along. Last week my PT measured my knee and said I was at 90. I try not to be focused on the numbers but it is hard considering ROM numbers are...
  12. M

    TKR Almost one year later

    Hi, I would have posted earlier but could not figure out how! New to online communities. Having visited this site multiple times and learning very valuable information I decided I had to get online and share some of my journey. The revelation that I didn’t have to put up with an approach to...
Back
Top Bottom