Recent content by MonarchMom

  1. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    I will, thanks.
  2. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Two weeks ago I was told I could ditch my support stockings. After wearing them 24/7, was so ready to burn them! Thought I’d be glad but can’t seem to part with the one on my new knee. Makes me feel more secure and comfortable somehow. Still hate tugging it up but certainly appreciate the...
  3. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Thank you so much for your continued support and advice! Simply explained and easy to understand! I will work hard at mothering my “baby knee”
  4. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Occasional Tylenol or Motrin mostly after physio. Just took Motrin as I’ve been up a lot today. Hosting Book Club tonight so I’ll see people (6)!!
  5. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    I am not taking anything medically. Stopped about 2 weeks ago. Not holding my breath. No idea what my blood pressure is!
  6. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Into Week 6 after surgery. I see the surgeon next week for final check and removal of all conditions ( like these awful stockings and I can drive). Physio is going well. I go twice a week. I do my best to do my home workouts. ROM is at 105 and slowly improving. My question is: Why do I feel...
  7. M

    TKR April 2022 TKR right knee

    I’m in my 3rd week after and still taking Tramadol at night. Took one today an hour before getting my staples out, too. Otherwise taking Tylenol and Advil during the day alternating every 4 hours. That was after reading advice from great folks here!
  8. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Nurse taking staples out says she sees patients with and without stockings. She felt there is less swelling, etc with them. I have to wear them for 4 more weeks. Staples out and I survived. Just didn’t watch!! Had some stitches too since dr removed a lump. Those gave the nurse a challenge but...
  9. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Staples come out today! And yes, I’m nervous. Going to take extra pain meds to help. Noticed when I changed my stockings this morning that my ankle is quite sore and bruised. Takes a while to loosen up in the morning. But otherwise (other than hating these stockings!), I think things are going...
  10. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    I learned the hard way that 1 Hydromorphone is not enough to get me through the night. Woke up in discomfort and aches which is a first for me. Weepy too. So I definitely need to figure these meds out. Now I know what is meant by “staying ahead of the pain”! Took Tramadol early and it seems to...
  11. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    I will call the surgeon tomorrow. I have Tramadol. I’m taking it at 8:00 am, 2pm, and then a Tramadol and Hydromorphone at 8:00pm. Today I’m trying just the Hydro at bedtime. I am not in pain, really, more like discomfort. But I will call tomorrow to see what he says. Thanks for your advice!
  12. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Start of Week 2. Wrestled into clean stockings. Yuck! But no screaming. I had feet up against wall for half hour and gently stroked legs to hopefully stimulate lymphatic system. Going to call pharmacy for advice on pain meds. Running low and bottles say “no refills”. Want to ensure I have enough...
  13. M

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    My husband held the puke pail last week! He was a trooper to do that without complaining. My daughter is home in between exams and she washed my hair today over the laundry tub. I feel human again!!
  14. M

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    Just some ideas, but can you get outside for some fresh air? Even if just to sit and enjoy spring for a few minutes. Or by an open window if you can’t? Listen to the birds and sounds of people and nature. Maybe schedule a future visit with grandkids or phone them when you’re feeling more rested...
  15. M

    TKR April 11 Surgery done!

    Thank you so much!! This site is overflowing with great advice and wonderful folk willing to share their experiences. Am so glad my friend sent me here!!
Back
Top Bottom