Recent content by momjfb

  1. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    The thing is that I have been in this situation before (I now realize) after rotator cuff surgery two years ago. I had freaky bizarre nerve pain all down my arm. The advice was the same then- massage (light) and even stimulation. So, good news/bad news, I'm not a rookie about this whole pain...
  2. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    Sure Sent from my iPad
  3. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    A couple of PTs have told me to gently massage the area to try to desensitize the nerve. Also use a rolling pin (start at the knee and head north) for even pressure. Last night I got a cold chill or something and the short hairs on my legs stood up. Left one was fine, but the right one was a...
  4. M

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Also, if I move more I can ditch these darn compression socks. I've spent a lot of time reading recovery threads. So fascinating! A common theme is comparing one's own recovery to other's and feeling bad in the comparison. After having breast cancer, I learned my lesson about comparing...
  5. M

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Right THR Anterior approach 4/12/17. Lines and marks are still surgeon's purple marker.
  6. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    Everyone I've seen- doctor, resident, 4 different PTs, nurses in the hospital and 2 home care nurses, just say, "Hmmmmmm. Well, yes, it could be a nerve thing. During the surgery, there's a lot of manipulation of the nerves and muscles and tendons." So everyone (medically speaking) is aware...
  7. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    I am limiting my activity and working to stay ahead of the pain and icing and elevating. I think I've already read all of the provided information. I'm simply trying to find out if anyone else has experienced this shooting burning pain. Sent from my iPad
  8. M

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    Released from the hospital on 4/14. Recovery seems to be going well (except daytime TV is terrible:gaah:). Occasionally I have a stabbing burning pain on the right side of my thigh which I'm attributing to nerve inflammation. Anyone else have this? It's mostly when I'm laying down and turn...
  9. M

    Joining the April 12 Club

    Thanks for the encouragement! Sent from my iPad
  10. M

    Joining the April 12 Club

    I am new to the site but have read much posted while thinking about THR. Finally the end of waiting is in sight- April 12th! (Right THR)
Back
Top Bottom