Recent content by Mom2Four

  1. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Ah. My surgeon told me to just take tweezers and yank them out! It didn't sound like the best idea, but I figured he knew what he was talking about. Have your or others had leftover subdermal stitches that were this large? What is the usual outcome?
  2. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    My Incision Has Started Shedding/Spitting Out Sutures!!!!!!!!! I really need advice. I am a little over 4 weeks out, and have taken meticulous care of my incision. Earlier this week, as we were getting ready to leave on vacation, I bent my knee and large drop of pus oozed out of the previously...
  3. M

    TKR Sleep is back - now for more recovery!

    I understand completely! I am a just a few years younger than you - creeping up on 39 - with three daughters ages 6, 7 and 10, and a son aged 16. I run my own freelancing business as a marketing consultant, as well as working outside the house for two different companies. One has had to hire...
  4. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Wow, Jane! Circuit-type physio sounds like a LOT - I don't think I could do it now. Tuesday, I went to physical therapy, felt awesome, the stretches he did felt great, he put me on a modified stair stepper for ten minutes, worked on my gait without crutches (super hard to do, no limping, which I...
  5. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Okay, I've got a big question about the hydrocodone I was prescribed. I have been experiencing a lot of pain, which has been getting better gradually. I'm only experiencing a lot of pain first thing in the morning, after exercise or walking around, and sometimes at night. For the first week and...
  6. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Thank you! I do have Tylenol, but I know there's some in my hydrocodone tablets and I've been taking an extra Tylenol tab with my hydrocodone doses. My mom, a CNA, suggested this and it really seems to boost the effectiveness of the hydrocodone dose. My doctor's office claimed that 3,000 is the...
  7. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Thank you for the suggestion! I've never tried tramadol, but it is actually the thing that worked best for my brother when he had spine surgery a few months ago. That would be wonderful if it worked.
  8. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Hi, everyone! I think things are going pretty well overall. I wanted to ask everyone who has been through this, is it normal to have really bad pain at 2 1/2 weeks, even when you're not moving, when the pain medication has worn off? I am on hydrocodone, and I am being "encouraged" to stop taking...
  9. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Thank you, Bill, for your advice and personal experience! I hate the idea of begging the doctor to continue prescribing pain meds, because they do treat it like I'm drug seeking and/or overreacting to the pain. I guess the key is to ask anyway! We shouldn't be expected to live in pain when we...
  10. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Thank you, everyone!!! I will re-read all of the links - there was a lot of great info, and I tried to read it all, but I must have missed some things. Plus, I'm now learning that the wise, well-informed things I read can be hard to remember when I'm feeling discouraged and in pain!
  11. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Thank you for all of the advice so far! Although I was on here pre-surgery, I have realized that I was definitely sold the idea by my surgeons, articles I read and stories from some people who said they'd had the surgery that I should be up and about in no time. My surgeon did admit that I...
  12. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    I've got a few concerns. It seems I've gotten a surgeon who is supposed to be great at the surgery - but then, you're pretty much completely on your own. When I got my zipper off at the 10 day mark, two of his assistants met with me, and that was it. They didn't seem to be too sure about answers...
  13. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    Josephine - I think it might change some things, I actually had the surgery done on 9/19, so less than two weeks ago. Does that change any of your answers? I've been trying to cut back on my pain medication, and my pain is sometimes severe, sometimes not. I'll write more about my current...
  14. M

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    1.pain levels: Right now, I'm at about 6. It varies. It was under control better, but I ran out of pain medication for a couple of days. 2. pain med: I ran out of the pain medication they gave me that worked best (hydrocodone 10-325 - two pills every six hours). They also gave me some...
Back
Top Bottom