Recent content by mom2fencers

  1. mom2fencers

    TKR Mom2fencers Journey - Both Knees Done Now

    I don’t know what kind of pain pump I had. but I am doing well at 69. Competed in a powerlifting event in December for first time in 36 years. Am squatting 175, benching 80 and deadlifting 230. Knees are doing great! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. mom2fencers

    TKR Mom2fencers Journey - Both Knees Done Now

    Update: it is now January 2019. On December 8 I was in a powerlifting event. First time in 34 years. I turned 69 the day before. Squated 115, benched 80, and deadlifted 220. My knee doctor was very happy! I’m now at 165 squat, 95 bench, and 240 deadlift. All going well. Sent from my iPhone...
  3. mom2fencers

    TKR I Feel Like the Tin Man these Days

    :flabber:Getting ready for bed in the early recovery season is like staging a battle...pillows, ice packs and towel, ice machine, meds and water...and woe to the person who gets it all set, can get into bed and then has to go to the bathroom! Or ice pack falls off the bed... You lose energy...
  4. mom2fencers

    TKR I Feel Like the Tin Man these Days

    Laurenkate, At the beginning I slept in the recliner—put “slept” in quote marks! I found I’d be up and walking around to manage the restlessness. I’d change cold gel packs and listen to music and then settle back again. When I finally was able to be back in our bed again I’d be up at 11:30. And...
  5. mom2fencers

    TKR I Feel Like the Tin Man these Days

    :badspidy:Laurenkate, Sounds like this time around was quite different! With my first one (2014) I went home in three days. With my most recent (May 16) I went home next day. My doctor said I could go home the afternoon of my surgery as I’d passed all the requirements but I wanted to have one...
  6. mom2fencers

    Knee Infection* Knee rod/spacer

    Hi gordkyl1, Welcome to Bonesmart. Magnesium citrate helped me too. The first few weeks are the hardest because your knee is recovering from trauma. The swelling isn’t necessarily bad in the hospital—it’s when you get home and must learn to maneuver around on your own. It’s a delicate balance...
  7. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    :happydance:I am 9 weeks post op this Wednesday July 19. The nausea and stomach aches from the aspirin are gone. I feel like me again. Knee has minor swelling on left side and I continue to ice and follow my exercise and rest schedule. It has been a different journey from the TKR 4 years ago. It...
  8. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    :)I saw my family doctor today. He determined my nausea and stomach pain is gastritis from the aspirin regimen I had with my LTKR. I ended the aspirin this past week. I have a prescription waiting to pickup and also some pure aloe Vera juice for my inflammation.
  9. mom2fencers

    General anesthesia vs spinal for TKR

    For my May 16, 2018 TKR I agreed to a spinal but reminded then that this has never worked for me...the anesthesiologist tried three times to no avail...he said “Let’s call in the big guns” and two “big guns” came and they tried three times...I said “Let’s do Plan B” and suddenly a mask appeared...
  10. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    Josephine, I had my TKR on May 16 and came home May 17. In the hospital for the day and the one night I had Zofran and Tramadol. I had Colace 1-2 x a day for constipation. I started the aspiring regimen my doctor had me on (325 mg) 2x a day on that day. I had one Tramadol that day and another...
  11. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    @Marguette, Thank you for sharing that. Thank you for your encouragement.:thankyou:
  12. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    :dubious:I am on an aspirin regimen for my TKR. I am wondering if my problem is diverticulitis. In early post op weeks I had the nausea, left side abdominal pain, slight fever with chills. I will be calling my family doctor today.
  13. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    :loll:Mumu, I am glad it worked for you. My only remedy was vanilla ice cream.
  14. mom2fencers

    TKR Constant nausea 2 weeks out

    :elevate:@39yroldtka Hi! I sure can relate.:) :-) (: I am 7 weeks post op. My left TKR was May 16, 2018. I came home after one day in the hospital and didn’t take pain meds except for a Tramadol. I didn't have pain like I did with my RTKR. I took Zofran for the nausea. It didn’t help. But, my...
  15. mom2fencers

    TKR Mom2fencers Journey - Both Knees Done Now

    :upright:A milestone at the gym today: we stopped the victory laps around the gym at end of workout and I did five minutes on the elliptical after my pedaling work and upper body work. Knee felt good. I went to lunch with friends after. Had a good day. Came home and iced. When not busy, I ice.
Back
Top Bottom