Recent content by Mollymax

  1. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on as things have been going really well. I'm now 6 months post op and up until about 4 weeks ago I was totally pain free, walking well, no limp and driving was great as I no longer had to lift my leg on to the clutch pedal as I'd been doing for...
  2. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Yep this recovery has been so much easier than either knee.
  3. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    I thought they had but noting was said about the right hip. He just takes about how bad the left was. I'll ask when at appointment next week what the right hip was like.
  4. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Hi all. I've not been on much with this hip recovery compared to how it was with my knees. Things have been going really well with little to no pain. Now down to no crutches in the house and now using a stick instead of crutch outside. Hardest thing I'm finding is getting in and out of the...
  5. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    I'm just surprised nearly 4 weeks down the line I've a bit more pain than when first done. Probably because I have been doing too much. I can't just sit and do nothing though.
  6. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Thank you. Yes I'm using that method above. I was doing that pre op as it was the only way I could bend down. I'm not getting groin pain but an ache in the buttock. One of the exercises they gave me on second phase and that is moving leg out to the side and back. Last week before I twisted...
  7. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Hi all. I haven't been on much in t this recovery compared to when I got my knees done. Now that was hard. I am now 26 days post op. Up till now things have been going really well. Minimal pain which didn't even need pain meds except at night when having to lie on my back my hip ached...
  8. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Thank you @Jaycey not everyone understands like you do. That just think he's a nasty bit of work. I've been with him 40 years now and for the most he's OK but when something like this comes along he can't cope and 1)doesn't know how to cope and 2)doesn't want to. He really lacks empathy and...
  9. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Hi. Well so far so good. Managed to sleep OK which is a bonus. Pain really is minimal. I noticed today the bruising is starting to come out on thigh. I really just feel I feel heavily on my bum and it's bruised and sore. Painkillers are minimal as not really needing them just now. If you'd...
  10. Mollymax

    THR Mollymax on the other side!

    Hi thanks @hoppy18 got my hip replacement on Tuesday and thanks to an amazing surgical team and anesthetist and nurses the operation went well with no panic from me at all. Remained calm while getting the spinal. Was joking with anesthetist and we got talking about cream cakes... BP has...
  11. Mollymax

    THR LHR 29th August and terrified

    Only a few days away now and I'm terrified. To make things worse I did a 21 mile charity walk on Sunday in shoes I'd only worn twice instead of the well worn in ones I'd used the month before on a 20 mile charity walk. The result is blisters on both feet. Nothing serious except the one under a...
  12. Mollymax

    2023 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Confirmed today rescheduled for 26th Sept after my August cancellation.
  13. Mollymax

    THR LHR 29th August and terrified

    Well that's me back from hospital. Went in at 7.30 saw surgeon and anesthetist, got all prepared and told second on list so would be taken about 11am just for at 9.30 came and told me it was cancelled due to staff shortages and I was sent home. Angry and upset. Now got to wait for new date..
  14. Mollymax

    THR LHR 29th August and terrified

    Well I saw surgeon today and he couldn't have been nicer. Explained all pros and cons and said I don't need to go ahead with operation of I don't want to. Explained the dangers but most were all 1% or 2% chance of failure or problems. I explained about fear of needles and he said to speak to...
  15. Mollymax

    THR LHR 29th August and terrified

    Thanks everyone. I guess I thought I'd be back on my feet and back to my power walking in 3 or 4 months. I knew I wouldn't be riding my motorbike until next spring as I always put it off the road for the winter anyway but walking is important to me so I had hoped or thought it would be a faster...
Back
Top Bottom