Recent content by mollyjump

  1. M

    THR 9 Days Post Op

    Thank you! I'm 14 days post op now. Stitches out yesterday, no redness or anything. No problems at all. no pain, sleeping well and managing on the odd paracetamol for muscle pain. Only using one crutch around the house. I can't believe the difference this time around and I truly feel for those...
  2. M

    THR 9 Days Post Op

    Hi everyone! I finally got my op done. All in one go, no infection and legs a matching pair! I am so so happy but very cautious and wary that it may all go wrong again (see my threads in post op) But I am 9 days post op. A few rough days in hospital and had to stay in for 6 days post op as a...
  3. M

    Feel dreadful...

    An update at last folks! I am scheduled for surgery on the 1st July 2014, after lots of messing about. I am relieved but terrified at the same time. Surely it must be third time lucky. I've been told the op will last a full morning, so I'm guessing at least for hours? anyway, fingers crossed all...
  4. M

    Feel dreadful...

    hello again everyone. Just a quick update. I had my ct scan again and the results are now with my consultant. However my orthopaedic records from surgery at my previous hospital/consultant have still not arrived, so costing me the chance of surgery next week :gaah:anyway, things are now heading...
  5. M

    hip replacement with bone graft

    Hiya. I know how you feel. I have been told I need a bone graft too. I have had a hip replacement and a revision. I now need another revision. However, I had lots of complications. Is this your first THR? Please don't be scared, the apprehension is worse! I've been told that they can either use...
  6. M

    Feel dreadful...

    Hi all, just a quick update. The CT scans are well and truly lost, not just mine, everyone who had a scan that day lost theirs too. I got a very apologetic phone call from the hospital, and I'm going for a repeat scan tomorrow. Some people not so lucky as high doses of radiation used in their...
  7. M

    Feel dreadful...

    And it gets better! I went to see the consultant today. He was not impressed that the CT scan is missing, so he couldn't make a judgement fully about the course of action but these are what could be happening: a. a bone graft... 3 months with no hip implants then replace acetabulum once...
  8. M

    Feel dreadful...

    Just got a phone call from clinic. My CT results aren't back yet, so would I like to cancel my appointment with my consultant? Having just found out I am NOT on a list yet I am furious. Apparently, because the hospital i chose for my initial referral is a private hospital ( i was given a choice...
  9. M

    Feel dreadful...

    Hiya everyone. I'm off work for the rest of the week, and will see what the doc says on friday. Work txt again this morning, asking when would I be back, going for op etc. They offered me 4 days, which is what I asked for a while ago, but to be honest I think I am too far gone now. Money will be...
  10. M

    Feel dreadful...

    Thank you. I totally empathise with you about feeling a bit 'upset?. when you can't do the simplest thing like sit on the floor. I am going to have to get a different job once this mess is sorted. I am off the rest of this week and then see what happens at the consultants on friday. And you're...
  11. M

    Feel dreadful...

    I don't even know how long the waiting list is either :boohoo:
  12. M

    Feel dreadful...

    Hi everyone. I just feel like I need to speak to someone who understands the pain I am in, and the knock on effect this has on the rest of your body. I am waiting for 3RD acetabular revision surgery and have a fractured hip. I have been carrying on going to work in a nursery looking after 2...
  13. M

    New to the forum, revision needed!

    Hi everyone. Found out today my surgeon has a very short waiting list, about 6 weeks, so hopefully I should be in fairly soon. I went to GPs today and got stronger painkillers. I asked about a blood test for metal in blood, and she said it would have to be consultant who ordered a test. I know...
  14. M

    New to the forum, revision needed!

    Hi Bill! Back from the scan. Won't see my consultant until 21st Feb for results, but radiographer said given the state of it, they may have to do an MRI scan as well. I am a bit concerned about this...is it normal to have both? The waiting around is the worst thing. At least it's warm where you...
Back
Top Bottom