Recent content by Mokeysmom

  1. M

    TKR Numb

    Hi! Congratulations on your new knee! I'm just over 8 weeks from BTKR, my incision area is still numb as well, and I've been told it may always be, although the area may decrease in size. The tingly may be nerves regenerating, that takes time too, calf muscles I remember being sore, your...
  2. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Well, seems like I dropped off the face of the earth for a little while! I'm now 8 weeks and two days post BTKR, time has gone fast! Glad it's all behind me! Saw surgeon for my 6 week follow up, he was happy with my progress, reassured me that the flexion will continue to improve as the...
  3. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Oh my goodness! Sure had some good chuckles over the sleeping predicament we all seem to suffer from! Such a small world! Thanks to everyone who has coached me as well about relearning how to walk, I have been trying today to be more conscious of my gait, and it does help. Still haven't...
  4. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    @Maggie94 oh, you made me laugh! I completely understand what you meant! It's hard to believe that joint replacement surgery is so common, but yet, when you are going through the recovery it makes you feel so alone with the agony. It does make you feel better to know that others are going...
  5. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    @Maggie94. Forgot to mention........prior to surgery one of my co workers suggested I get a few pairs of satin pyjamas! She had been compromised with surgery with limited mobility in bed for a few months and her mom had bought her satin pj's, I took her suggestion, they make it so much easier...
  6. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Thanks for the reminders that I need to take it slow and easy, I forget, go all gung ho then get overtired and pay for it for a day! Went on the treadmill today for 10 minutes at a slow pace, really need to concentrate on my gait, PT says right leg strides through well, but left isn't...
  7. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Tomorrow is 6 weeks since my BTKR! The time has sure gone fast! Range measured yesterday right knee 103, left 104, PT pleased, extension almost there. PT says quads are still weak. I'm still walking like a tin soldier though! Not sure if it's bad habits I picked up in the time prior to...
  8. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Thank you for the encouragement, frustrating to be resting so much even though I know it is essential for healing. I'm trying to use my cryotherapy unit as much as possible. Is it normal to wake up everyday with a different ache or pain? Sometimes a sharp stab in a knee other times aches in...
  9. M

    Bilateral TKR Had Bilateral TKA February 25, 2015!

    Came home day 5 post op, 18 pounds heavier with all the fluid and swelling, down 11 pounds so far, knees feel so tight, and swollen, staples and bandages come out March 11, please tell me it will be easier to flex once staples are out! So hard to stick with the exercises right now, icing...
Back
Top Bottom