Recent content by MJK

  1. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Afternoon everyone Just back from second Follow Up Appointment following my femoral neck fracture. The operation was 11 weeks and 3 days ago and I can now move from 50% weight bearing to 100% still using my crutches as directed by my physio. I can now resume driving, flying away on holiday...
  2. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Stretch and Strengthen or Rest

    Hi Lynnie2 I had femoral neck fracture under my hip resurfacing and sliding hip screw DHS on 5/9/22 and am just at the 50% weight bearing stage, always using walker under guidance from my physio So you are very quick to be walking unaided!! Mike
  3. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    All. I can put some weight on - more than I thought! Got some crutches so should be able to leave house in few days time!
  4. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    X ray shows fracture heeling very well. 3 weeks 'tip toe' on leg then 3 weeks 50% weight bearing. Then next appointment . If all good put as much weight on as I can! Waiting to see physio now to decide what walking aid I need. Not a bad result
  5. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Good morning everyone from a wet and miserable Birmingham (England) I had my hip repair just over 7 weeks ago and this morning is my first follow up appointment with the surgeon who performed the operation. I feel the healing is going well but I'm a little apprehensive as I really can't be...
  6. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    I'm now 6 weeks post femoral neck fracture hip repair op (tomorrow to be exact!) and thought I'd share my experiences of the (excellent) support I've had since I was discharged. Obviously these are personal to me - and UK specific - so may not be applicable to others but hopefully this will be...
  7. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Sorry! Second time I've made that mistake ☹️
  8. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Afternoon all! Almost 6 weeks since my femoral neck fracture with Dynamic hip screw (‘DHS) and almost 5 weeks from my discharge. I thought one or two members about to undergo similar op (or not so far down recovery road as me) might be interested in my journey so far! Due to see surgeon for...
  9. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Sorry - I thought I'd done that!!.. Mike
  10. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Hi everyone I'm 5 weeks after hip fracture repair and over the last couple of days I've developed pins and needles in the foot that my hip was operated on. Google tells me this is common and probably indicates nerve damage. Does anyone have an experience of this and is it serious? Thanks Mike
  11. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Thanks @Hobbling Along Very helpful and encouraging reply Glad to hear how well you are doing - really gives me hope for my own recovery! Cheers Mike
  12. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Thanks for this update @Hobbling Along - much appreciated! I will take you advise re bone density scan. Couple more questions for you - hope you don't mind How old were you when you had the op? Only asking cause I'm 63 and recovery does seem - at least in part - dependant on age. Did you...
  13. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Morning Thanks for update and positive news! I'm now 3 weeks post op and have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. No test. The view seems to be my fall shouldn't have broken my hip so I must have osteoporosis ! My calcium and vitamin D supplement arrived yesterday. So far the pain has been...
  14. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Morning Currently my wife is having to care for me whilst also working f/t. Luckily she is WFH & has some flexibility in her hours worked . The local Community Support team are trying to get me some home care but they currently have no capacity. I cannot climb stairs at the moment so I'm...
  15. MJK

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip repair

    Discharged from the Birmingham Royal Orthopaedic hospital yesterday. Post op pain started once anesthetic wore off and has been centred around the wound and groin area of the same leg. Rated 2-3 out of 10 from the start and very well controlled with just paracetamol after about 3 days of...
Back
Top Bottom