Recent content by Mizz K

  1. M

    TKR 5 days post op.

    I actually did pretty good getting up the stairs, before I left the hospital pt had me walk up a flight of stairs, I actually did two because it was about the number of stairs to get into my apartment, I used the cane on the stairs and the walker on the landing, I also have a long hallway on my...
  2. M

    TKR 5 days post op.

    @iivesfam5 i am doing well thank you and @Angel1978 there are 34 staples, my first time ever getting them, I think it looks pretty good considering, can't wait to get them out though.
  3. M

    TKR 5 days post op.

    Oh, I have been definitely resting, icing and elevating, I am icing right now as a matter of fact.
  4. M

    TKR 5 days post op.

    Today I had my first in home visit from physical therapy, it went pretty well, she had me do some exercises and some walking, ROM is at 75, pain hasn't been too bad, I am taking oxycodone along with Tylenol and that seems to be helping, still not sleeping well, mostly napping, I hate sleeping on...
  5. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    I live in an apartment on the third floor, so once I'm up I don't have to worry about any stairs, I did stairs this morning and this afternoon with PT, going up is fine, coming down felt a little weird, I will use my walker for awhile in the house until I feel comfortable just using the cane...
  6. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    @momweb, are you not using any assistive device? I have a walker and a cane at home.
  7. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    They gave me Senokot last night and again this morning, I have been passing gas, but no bm yet, I even drank some apple juice which I normally don't drink because it makes me go.
  8. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    I'm due to go home tomorrow, so hopefully I will go sometime today without the help of an enema.
  9. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    They got me up and just had me sit in the chair, wasn't too bad, was a little painful, sat in the chair for about 45 minutes, now back in my bed and ready for a nap, did not sleep well at all last night, 15-20 minute intervals, and they are pretty good with making sure I'm not in pain.
  10. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    @KarriB, yes, now I'm going like every 1-2 hours, I ththithink it's because not only am I drinking a lot because I feel so dry, but the iv also, they took the iv out this morning, well just unplugged me from the fluids, I still have the needle in, I am now waiting for pt to come and get me up...
  11. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    @KarriB, I sat on the bedpan for 20 minutes the first time and about 15 the second time, it just didn't want to come out, I was so frustrated, the the nurse did a scan on my bladder and decided to do the catheter.
  12. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    They just put it in until I was done then took it out, 800cc's I was feeling so uncomfortable, I tried to get it to come on its own but to no avail, so had no choice, but like I said, I didn't even feel it, going in or coming out,
  13. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    My only problem so far was I could pee, I coyld feel my bladder full, but couldn't get it to come out, after a bladder scan they decided to put in a quick catheter which I actually didnt feel, I feel much better now.
  14. M

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    @iivesfam5, I am at NSMC Lynn, and I am going to try and get some rest tonight, but it will be kind of hard when they are coming to check my vitals every 30 minutes.
Back
Top Bottom