Recent content by Missarose88

  1. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jamie and @sistersinhim Thank you for advice. This is a great place to come to even if I have a silly question. I just feel like something isnt right with the knee, I know theres going to be some pain and swelling but I also know my body and have been through many, many surgeries. And I am...
  2. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    I'm not sure if someone has advice. I have followed all advice given, got refill on pain meds and went on a strict routine and followed all advice. I have had pt and have only done simple excercises I can handle. I dont over due and only do simple tasks. I was at 122 flexion and 0 extension. Im...
  3. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jewlz1 I feel like I spend most of my day in the cpm machine. But I will admit it is very helpful especially in the morning routine, it definitely loosens it up after sleeping and it becoming stiff.
  4. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jamie Thank you for the information, no wonder why I am in pain. I was following the booklet I was given at the hospital in regards to icing. It said no longer than 20 mins 3-4 times a day. I will try alternating with tylenol and see if that helps, I am trying to stretch what I have in case...
  5. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jamie The doctor put me on percocet 10/325 mg and instructions are one every 4 hours. I was given enough for 8 days. I take my first dose at 6am and then 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. I don't take additional Tylenol because there is tylenol in the pain meds and I dont take ibuprofen because I am on a...
  6. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jamie Thank you so much for all the information you have given. When I had my TKR in 2016, I was only 27, and didn't know much about replacements nor did I really get given any information. I wish I would have found this site back then. I will wait until I am healed and if it is still...
  7. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Jamie My surgeon is Dr. James K Rudder. When I had my first revision in 2017, after a few months I was able to do all the things considered normal, without much issue except for a bit of pain here and there. About a year ago, my knee started getting really painful and stiff and I had a...
  8. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    @Celle I can not remember the dates of past surgeries, I did have the same pediatric ortho surgeon for all of them. It is the right knee and the total knee replacement was done on 11/30/2015. The manipulation was done on 1/25/2016 The first revision was 2/17/2017 This newest revision was...
  9. Missarose88

    Revision TKR Work causing need for multiple revisions?

    I should start with background, my growth plate was broken as well as tibia in 3 places when I was 9. I have had multiple surgeries growing up for acl repair, meniscus, had a plate put in, etc... In 2016 at age 27 I had a total knee replacement done, healing was awful and took longer than the...
Back
Top Bottom