Recent content by Minnie's knees

  1. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    Day 10 - quad is finally starting to wake up. Nerves appear to be waking up also as pain was worse the last few days in quad and down shin. Not sleeping much at night this week = cranky me.
  2. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    That is my one big weakness. I have very little patience.
  3. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    1st out patient PT today which went well. Extension was -7 and flexion was 45. Not great but at 5 days it could be worse. Just frustrating as it feels like here I go again. My extension was not great before surgery so I expected that.
  4. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    My OnQ pain pump came out yesterday. It must have been helping a lot as I had a restless night with increased pain. One day at a time for sure.
  5. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    Today I had a wonderful shower! And we changed my dressing. Last time I had staples. This time I have mini zip ties and the steri tape on the side even says zip line. I was always to scare to zip line so this is as close as I will get. LOL A lot of things have changed in the last 4 years.
  6. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    I got home yesterday. I was able to sleep in between pain meds and bathroom trips. My quad has not kicked in yet which is so frustrating.
  7. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    I spoke too soon. Pain increased tonight, leg feels heavy and stiff and nausea from the pain meds. They increased my onQ pain pump and my oral meds have been right on time.
  8. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    Surgery went well and my pain is under control.
  9. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    Thank you @sistersinhim. I appreciate the reading material.
  10. Minnie's knees

    My first TKR on Aug. 22

    Good luck tomorrow. I'll see you on the recovery side. :flwrysmile:
  11. Minnie's knees

    Minnie's knees pre op

    Tomorrow is my turn! See you all on the recovery side.
  12. Minnie's knees

    TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

    Starting my recovery thread as my surgery is tomorrow at 7am.
  13. Minnie's knees

    Metal Allergy Is Metal Allergy (solely) a reason to have a knee revision?

    Hi, another Kathy here. I hope your sleep improves soon. I am having my 2nd knee done on Wednesday. I have been reading your thread to remind myself what to expect as it has been almost 4 yrs since my 1st one. Thanks for sharing your recovery journey.
  14. Minnie's knees

    PKR Problems with knee flex at 4 weeks only 65 degrees

    Please be patient with your knee. I know it is frustrating because I was at 70 flexion at 10 weeks. It kept improving slowly. In my case my Rheumatoid arthritis was slowing it down. I eventually got to 110 flexion.
  15. Minnie's knees

    MUA You have been a great inspiration and guidance

    Please be patient with your knee. The MUA sets it back before it gets better. I saw the most improvement about 4-6 weeks after my MUA. I would not have thought about high school kids as a resource. That was a great idea. I hope it helps you. Best wishes on your continued recovery.
Back
Top Bottom