Recent content by Minna-min

  1. Minna-min

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left knee 2 weeks post op and healing pretty well. Right knee 12 months post op. Doc was going for symmetry, which I'm all for. :)
  2. Minna-min

    PKR 2 weeks post op and still tired

    Thanks, everybody! Your comments have been most helpful! Right now it is 25 degrees in Ohio, not exactly conducive to joints feeling good, let alone recently reconstructed joints. I am probably expecting too much of myself and will pledge to rest when I feel like it. I have to go back to...
  3. Minna-min

    PKR 2 weeks post op and still tired

    Hi jeano and Chihuahuan! Thanks for the words of advice. I should give myself a break, but I seem to recall pushing it last year after my right PKR so this might be routine for me. :). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't falling into a lazy zone. :). I like taking the percocet at night because...
  4. Minna-min

    PKR 2 weeks post op and still tired

    Hi all. I'm exactly 2 weeks post op from my left PKR. I have been taking 1 percocet each night. Mobility is fairly good -- I have been getting around with no ambulatory aids. Went from 85 degrees ROM to 105 degrees ROM in a week. Feeling fairly good but so tired. I feel like I should be up...
  5. Minna-min

    PKR I'm Here.... PKR left lateral complete!

    Hi mcirish! Glad you're here and made it through! Sorry to hear of your complications. Let us know what the ER says. Good luck!
  6. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    Hi Tim. Isn't that funny! I work and teach at Muskingum!! I grew up in New Concord. I'm having my surgery at Southeastern Med. You might remember it as Guernsey Memorial. :)
  7. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    Hi mcirish! Good luck with your surgery! All is a go for me on Monday. I'll check in when I wake up. You will do fine. Just make sure you follow doctors orders. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!!
  8. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    At least you had the guts to just get up. ;) I asked first, and the nurses wouldn't let me get up since the PT had left for the day. :) Interesting that you didn't use a walker -- I used one for a few days but then switched to crutches. I much prefer the crutches.
  9. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    Hi skigirl. I'll definitely talk to him. I looked it up on pour drug formulary and there is a generic they prefer, so if need be I can ask for that. As for the catheter, I didn't get one last time and I'm glad I didn't, although they wouldn't let me get up until the next day. I had to use a...
  10. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    That's what I thought! With it being the holidays, money is tight, but I guess I'll do what I need to do. :). I'm hoping things haven't changed since my last one and aspirin will be sufficient. I guess we'll see next Monday. :)
  11. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    Hi all. Same surgeon. The only thing that changed is that he is requesting medical and dental clearance. The pre-op nurses mentioned it this year, but theyalso mentioned that and a catheter, which I didn't have last year. I am not worried about the shots, just the cost. When they mentioned...
  12. Minna-min

    Lovenox for PKR??

    Hi all. If all goes well, I'll be having a partial knee replacement next week. During my testing, the nurses kept talking about Lovenox and were surprised that I wasn't given it last year for my right PKR. For those of you who have had partials, is it normal to be given aspirin for a partial...
  13. Minna-min

    A question and a fear

    Hi Lexismom! I went to Ireland several years ago andit is amazing! Having said that, there are a lot of places to walk around and yyou will not enjoy it if you are in pain. 5 months out I was back to doing things I did before, only relatively pain free. If you do it now, Ithink yyou'll be...
  14. Minna-min

    blood pressure issues before pre op?

    Hi everyone. I had my pre-op testing last night. My BP was 161/80. I have ben testing it and it has been in the upper 130s over 80, so that's an improvement! Assuming my GP thinks so and all the rest of my tests come back okay, I think I'll be good to go! Thanks for all the support and good...
  15. Minna-min

    blood pressure issues before pre op?

    Hi everyone! Thanks for all the encouraging replies. I have managed to stay away from the BP monitor for a couple of days and was incredibly busy at work today and that's helping. I feel so much more confident after reading your posts. II'll definitely keep you all posted. Thanks so much!! :)
Back
Top Bottom