Jane&jesse
Sounds like yoy're good to go. Please if you can let us know ASAP how you're doing afterwards. I'm sure everything will be great.
Here's an update on me. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks. A lot has happened. I noticed the greatest improvement & change between the 5th & 6th week. Saw my os a...
I absolutely love hearing from our UK friends. You're only about 2 weeks out. Don't rush the walking. I found @ 2weeks I was still using the walker all the time. My flex @ 2 weeks comfortably was about 80 degrees but I could stretch to 90 with discomfort. Keep up with the icing & elevation. This...
6 week OS appt today. I had a glowing report from my OS. xrays looked great & he was extremely pleased with rom & extension. He also said I no longer needed formal physical therapy if I was still doing it. Of course I never started & had been doing it on my own (UK method)
He also recommended...
Two steps forward & one step back. Well, today things took a slight step backwards. To begin with I forgot to take medicine on time. I take 1 norco every 6 hours & forgot the 8am dose. I remembered 5 hours later when pain returned. Too much excitement from last night I guess. I also iced &...
Heather
Are you elevating & if so , are you doing it the 'bonesmart" preferred way? It makes a huge difference. It sounds like i'm not the only person on this site who tries to "SLEEP AROUND". You know-running from bed to bed to recliner to futon etc. to try to get comfortable. Lololololol
I...
Thank you Heather. I still have trouble sleeping. I think it just takes time. I woke up @ 2am this morning & was up 3 hrs. I fixed a bowl of oatmeal & surfed internet. Love my ipad. I'm still working on the flexion as well. I'm up to 110 @ 6 wks. Stairs are still slow.
You're only 3 weeks out...
Wonderful news!
It's been exactly 40 days after LTKR on 9/24. For the first time in 15 years i'm able to walk without a cane without pain. I wasn't expecting this monent for at least another couple of months & i'm prepared for setbacks. I walked back & forth down the hall a dozen times before I...
Army
Pity party tonight & birthday party tomorrow. Go for it! Allow yourself whatever you need at this time to get through it. You'll be just fine & so will your family which seems as wonderful as mine. Your children will be fine. Remember, you're doing this for them & they will know it. In...
I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I had a RTKR 4 weeks ago & I've had many ups & downs. Depression comes & goes with me & it started with the first week when I realized this wasn't going away for a while. I also had a hip replacement 6 months ago that seemed to heal more quickly. I was...
Jane & Jesse
Good luck to you both. This is a big scarry step for both of you. I had my left knee done 3 weeks ago. I'm not very familiar with the specific type of implant you'll be fitted with but I think recovery in general will be similar to mine. My left knee had been painful for most of the...
Quesion. It's 3 weeks after rtkr. I took my daily walk outside this morning & I noticed for first time my knee is locking at each step. I feel a dramatic improvement in stability & the pain level was significantly reduced when walking. This after cutting down the hydro to 1 1/4 tabs every 5-5...
Crystal
Thanks for your concern. I've just been a bit down & am getting tired of this recovery. I can't believe It's 3 weeks tomorrow & I've not recovered 100%. Lolololololol. The depression has hit. I know I'm very lucky to have a wonderful support betwork on this site. I also have family &...
Hello my bionic comrades
How goes it. I got up this morning & it suddenly hit me: this recovery may take a while. Had staples out on Tuesday & it's been a tough couple of days since. I've slept during much of the day & the rest of the time I'm totally wiped out. I can't seem to stay awakr...
Hi everyone
I had a couple of days with setbacks. Nothing major. Just more nausea & unexpected pain episodes. The best I can do is expect them & deal with it. Yesterday I rather quickly started using a cane & it seemed much easier to use than the walker. When I tried using it last week I just...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.