Recent content by Mike315

  1. Mike315

    THR Mike's Recovery Thread

    I will talk over the return to work issue with the doctor. My plan was to start working half days to see how I handle it. I don't need to leave the office, but I can get up and walk, etc. whenever I need to. The alternative would be to work from home, but I would like to get back into the...
  2. Mike315

    THR Mike's Recovery Thread

    Well, I had my RTHR two weeks ago today. Everything went fine with the surgery, but I did have some bladder retention issues that kept me in the hospital a couple extra days. I am still amazed, but my pain management has consisted of 2 tylenol, 3 times a day since the day after surgery. I had...
  3. Mike315

    What should I bring with me???

    So, it sounds like I will be walking around in a hospital robe for a couple days. Does anyone have a sign that says "NO CAMERAS!!!!" lol
  4. Mike315

    Two THR...What should my expectations be after the first??

    Thanks Everyone for sharing your experiences.
  5. Mike315

    Two THR...What should my expectations be after the first??

    First of all, thanks for all the advice and support. I am scheduled for my RTHR (posterior approach) in a little over a week, and hopefully will have the second one done three months later. Both are in pretty bad shape with OA, but right now I use my left leg to go up and down stairs and use a...
  6. Mike315

    What should I bring with me???

    Interesting. So, I guess I can just wear home what I wore when I went to the hospital. Should I bring a robe? Also, they told me at pre-op to bring a case for my glasses...that makes sense.
  7. Mike315

    What should I bring with me???

    My first surgery (Right THR first) is in 10 days. What should I bring with me? So far I am thinking iPhone and ear buds for communication and entertainment, sock assist, grabber, a little bit of money, id, paperwork, etc., slippers and robe. Should I bring underwear, socks, etc? The hospital...
  8. Mike315

    Recovering when living alone

    Posterior method. In terms of height should I make sure the platform makes the seat cushion come up to the back of my knees? Right now my only high chair is a desk chair. Thanks for the help Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Mike315

    Post Op - using a recliner

    I am considering putting a platform under my recliner and sleeping in it when I first get home. I am not used to sleeping on my back, and I am afraid I won't sleep well or roll on my side out of habit. I have slept in the recliner before, and I actually sleep well. Sent from my iPad using...
  10. Mike315

    Recovering when living alone

    I would like to hear some experiences of THR patients who live alone. I realize that I will need some help, but to be honest I prefer to take care of myself whenever possible. I do not have any close family that is physically able to help out much (they have their own medical issues) so my...
  11. Mike315

    2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I am going to have my first surgery on October 6th, and hopefully my second surgery three months later. I am not in a lot of pain, but my ROM is very bad (can't even spread my legs much at all). I am getting around with a cane, but both hips are bone on bone, so I get tired really quick. I am...
Back
Top Bottom