Thank you ladies! It’s been a long 6 months for sure. A lot of really dark days in that time. But it’s always good to get the pat on the back saying you’re doing good, let’s get you moving forward. Oh as far as ROM last week I got 105°. Which is pretty good in my book. Can’t compare it to a TKA...
So I had my followup appointment with my surgeon. I’m happy to say after wearing the brace locked 24/7 for 15 long weeks I’ve now been given the ok to unlock the brace when ambulatory. At first when I asked about the brace he said ‘you can get rid of it’. I said I don’t know, I haven’t walked...
Today I sent a message to my surgeon via the patient portal and asked if I could unlock my brace or even not wear my brace at bedtime. I’m 12 weeks post op. He said no. Still wants it locked while sleeping. Doesn’t want to risk any type of re-injury. If things are looking good by Jan 4th...
@sistersinhim im saying that knee has had three open surgeries. The incision healed closed each time. This third surgery has resulted in a pretty thick scar. PT did say today she thought it felt more pliable than last week. Definitely big ball of fibrosis at the ends of the scar though. At the...
I have a question regarding my scar. So I had the original TKA in 2015. The scar healed nicely. This past July I had my revision and the scar was healing. Didn’t feel particularly thick. I had my quad tendon repair in September. So that incisional scar has been opened three times. This time I’m...
@Layla thank you! And thank you for checking up on me. It has been a long road. But I’ll get there. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours if you celebrate this holiday!
That two months went by fast and yet feels like forever. I’m still in my full leg brace. I saw my surgeon on 11/9 for follow-up X-rays. He said the implant looks stable. I asked about the daily pain I’m having on the medial side, usually in the evenings. He said it’s normal as the knee is still...
@Jockette my surgeon doesn’t allow forceful bending of the knee to get ROM. He had it written in the orders when I had PT for my TKA revision. He did say with the quad tendon tear rehab PT is a bit different than for a TKA. He said I’ll get my ROM back. He’s all about gentle rehab. I’ll follow...
@oncebuilt think you for the response. Yep, I’m finding that the recovery for the quad tear repair is so much harder than recovery for a TKA. Being locked straight in a brace for weeks (it will be 7 weeks) is a challenge. And yes, the falling down all the time drive me nuts. One of the main...
@sistersinhim thanks for the suggestions. The urge to bend my knee only lasted about 7-10 days. I’ve gotten use to it being straight now. I’ve ordered a different brace that is telescoping so I’ll be able to raise or lower the straps so they won’t be over the incision or around the quad area...
Thank you @Layla for kind words and well wishes. It definitely has been a journey. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Don’t know what that is yet in regards to the quad tendon injury. I’m questioning if it’s too early to return to work. I won’t know unless I try. I just...
Well it’s been awhile since I have posted. Quick recap - I had my total knee revision in July and things were going well. Got to a ROM of 0-122° by week 6. And then I suffered a quad tendon tear. Had my surgery to repair that on Sept 20th. While he had my knee open he noticed that my knee seemed...
@Jockette @Layla thank you so much! Means a lot. I know this surgery isn’t a knee surgery and this is a forum for that, thank you for letting me still log in and write my progress.
Sept 12th late into the night I sent a message to my surgeon thru the patient portal. Basically saying I need to move forward. We’re waiting on an MRI that hasn’t even been sent for pre-authorization. I thought there was an urgency with repairing a quad tendon tear. Said I would like to meet...
Well it’s moving at a snails pace to move forward with my knee. Ultrasound last Tuesday (9/5) showed a quad tear, but also noted edema and tendon thickening so radiologist recommended CT. Waited days to hear from surgeons office. Never heard from them all week. And I called. Over the weekend I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.