Recent content by Merlin803

  1. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    It is just crazy that the doctors "matter of factly" tell us that whatever ROM that we have after a month or two is what we are going to have to live with forever, SMH. For what purpose do they say that? I know in my case that my doctor said after my last visit that I was all done seeing...
  2. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    That is reassuring!
  3. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    I am coming up on almost 11 months since my right TKR and just wanted to give an update on my progress. When they say it takes about a year to fully heal - yeah, I would have to agree that it is at least that. My pro's are that walking and standing on the surgical leg are pretty pain free...
  4. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    I am almost at 3 months since my TKR and have an upcoming trip where I will be flying, is it recommended to wear compression socks at this stage? TIA
  5. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    Just an update - I had my follow up today (which I have been dreading because he was so grumpy the last time about my ROM...) and it went very well! While he didn't measure ROM, he was very happy and said it was much improved and that I would only need to come back if I felt it was necessary...
  6. M

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    I am just about at 2 months and don't have great ROM (maybe 95-100?) but I am back to doing everyday life normally, stairs, work, driving, bowling...etc. I have my follow up appt next week and am sure that the Dr. isn't going to be thrilled with my ROM either but I wouldn't even consider...
  7. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    Thanks and same to you!
  8. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    It sure is. I notice something (usually small) every week that I can do!
  9. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    I am almost at the 2 month mark since my knee replacement and am feeling much better. Sleeping is much better, I don't have to be careful about twisting/turning my leg any longer for fear of sharp pains and while I haven't had my ROM measured, I can comfortably sit in a chair at 90 degrees+...
  10. M

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I may be a complete very small minority on this but thought I would share my experience with taking gabapentin just in case it affects anyone else similarly - It was a few years ago and not related to knee issues but I was prescribed it to actually try to help with Migraines. After I started...
  11. M

    TKR ‘Hard’ knee

    My knee still feels pretty "hard" at almost 7 weeks after surgery, like you mentioned. My everyday life though has for sure improved, hopefully yours has also. Sleeping is much better and doing the normal daily life things is routine now (including bowling and planning a trip in a month or...
  12. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    I truly hope that you are correct. I let the PT know today that I would not be back. I went to the gym, rode the bike a bit (full rotations for the 1st time), did some walking and swimming in the pool and then took the grandson to the apple orchard. My ADLs are pretty much back to normal...
  13. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    Thanks! It sure is scary and really depressing to have your Dr. say that your ROM is not where it should be and needs to be pushed past the pain to try to get it to bend more now before it is too late, if it already isn't too late. He said that he doesn't want my current 90 degrees to be...
  14. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    Well, Dr. was not pleased with my 90 degrees of bend and wants me to go to PT for 4 more weeks so I guess I'll have to decide whether I want to go that route or go my own route at my gym and the exercises at home.
  15. M

    TKR Should I be able to lift my leg??

    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if my Dr. just eye balls it and doesn't measure. He seems like a very practical Dr. who will be more concerned with how it is working out in my everyday life. By "everyday life" measures, I can do everything. I even slept through the night for the first time...
Back
Top Bottom