@PegGar16 - That is so encouraging!!! Can not do bike yet as I still cannot make a full circle, but doing recumbent stepper. Still alot of inflammation, but pain has calmed down alot. So I think this slow go is better for me. Thank you!!!
@Jockette - I am starting to agree with this way of thinking!!! This was my third surgeon and they all wanted PT with quick results!! I have decided to take a couple weeks off of PT and see if this helps. It is very frustrating when Dr. & PT don't listen to patients. Thank You for all...
Hi sistersinhim - Thank you for your help!! I was thinking that was happening, since it was inflamed the next day and hard to walk. I am going to PT tomorrow morning and telling them that I need a break. Still will do my walking around house every hour, as I work from home, and will try the...
Hi Jockette - thank you!! For extension, they have my ankle on a towel and pushing knee down to table, also at home they have me doing - put leg on another chair and pushing down with knee. I have cut down PT to 2 days a week as I was so sore doing 3 days and not letting it rest in between.
Hi Everyone!
It has been 8 weeks from last surgery on 07/20/21. I am at still doing PT and seem like I have stalled in my progression. My extension is at 6 and flexion at 103. My surgeon said he is not concerned about the flexion, that it would come in time after inflammation has gone down...
Update:
Had the Iovera treatment, and would definately recommed this for anyone thinking of it. It was a simple procedure and helped with pain before and after surgery. Had my fifth surgery on 07/20/21 for another revision. The femoral portion of implant was loose. I did see a revision...
After reading your post, I think I will go for the iovera treatment whether insurane covers or not. With this coming surgery being my 5th in 16 months, no pain sounds heavenly!!! How are you doing now after the surgery? and how long did the Iovera last?
Happy Sunday All!!!
Has anyone ever had the Iovera treatment before surgery? My Dr. is recommending it, but have never heard of anyone who had it and if it worked. Any help with this would be appreceiated.
Hi all!!
Saw revision specialist and the femoral part of implant is loosening. No cement left there. He is also not convinced that there is no infection. SO.............. surgery is scheduled for July 20th. Hoping this is going to be my FINAL surgery for this knee. Trying to keep upbeat...
Happy Saturday!
Had appointment with surgeon on Wednesday. Fluid aspiration came back negative! :happydance: Dr. is still unsure of why knee is getting worse, he thinks it is due to severe scar tissue after the 4 surgeries. He made comment of it after last surgery that there was alot of scar...
Also ROM is now terrible!! I am not even at 90 and extension is awful. Can not even come close to a straight leg. Dr. stopped all PT until I see him again. Although I am still doing normal daily activities but the pain is always there. Heres hoping that tomorrow will be the answer I need...
Hi everyone!!
I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon. Last week had fluid aspirated from left knee and they could only aspirate around 4 cc as there was so much inflammation that it was very hard for Radiologist to see anything. She said she did not see any infection in fluid, but was...
Hi all!
I went to surgeon on Monday and my bloodwork was positive for infection. I am now waiting on an appointment to have fluid aspirated from knee and sent for cultures. If that comes back positive, then another 2 surgeries, one for a spacer again and then the revision for the second time...
Hello everyone! Had another appointment with surgeon yesterday. I have been losing extension and knee is bent and swollen. Also getting terrible muscle spasms in hamstring. Was given steriods, muscle relaxer and had bloodwork to rule out infection again. I am praying that it is just...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.