Recent content by MeganAC

  1. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    Thank you, @Josephine 1. Current pain level at 5-6. 2. Current Medications: hydrocodone 5/325 up to 4x daily, currently taking 2x daily as tramadol 50 mg, up to 4x daily, currently taking 2x daily, opposite hydrocodone naproxen 500 mg, 2x daily acetaminophen 625 mg, 4x daily aspirin 81 mg, 2x...
  2. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    @Josephine Yes, that would be fine.
  3. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    I am sorry that happened. @Sunnyo. I agree with your characterizing it as " an experience" that I would not like to have again. I think there is something to be said about recovery being harder when the before pain isn't as bad. I do feel like I have turned a corner, each day a little better...
  4. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    I acknowledge that I am probably overdoing it on the activity side, especially on the weekends when my husband and kids are around. During the week it is easier to avoid overdoing it because everyone is at work and I am able to just relax, ice, and elevate. Today was actually pretty good, pain...
  5. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    As it is, I am nearing 4 weeks. My recovery has been bumpy, as is the case for everyone, it seems. I really did not fully understand how difficult this surgery would be. I think they downplay everything on the front end, otherwise a lot of people wouldn't dare do it. Reading other people's...
  6. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    Oh my! That sounds horrific, @bland9! I am glad they were able to put you under GA after the procedure had already started. As I mentioned, I didn't feel any pain. It was more like an out of body experience. I could hear the doctors and nurses talking and feel the pressure and movements and I...
  7. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    I don't know how long it was into the surgery, I remember the anesthesiologist asking me to move my arm. I woke up to the sound of metal clanging and feeling the jolts in my right leg and hip moving in time with the clangs. I asked what they were doing and the anesthesiologist told me that they...
  8. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    Thank you, @Celle. I suppose if I had understood the possibility that I would actually have a recollection of what happened, I probably would not have chosen "conscious sedation". In fact, I told the guy that I did not want that to happen. I was given the impression that the "conscious" part...
  9. M

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    Hi all. I had RTKR on June 27. I found this site about a week ago after searching to find whether my pain and nerve issues were normal. I have to admit I have been lurking the threads since then. When I went in to the hospital and was in the pre-surgery area the anesthesiologist came in to...
  10. M

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I put the wrong date, my right tkr was actually June 27. Thank you!
  11. M

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi All, I had my right tkr on June 27, 2019. I would love to join this forum!
Back
Top Bottom