Recent content by medic4355

  1. medic4355

    Ankle Naturally fused ankle cure?

    It's good to be back @Josephine. I know that I have plantar fasciitis and my right ankle has very limited ROM. The problem with that is it all leads back to the hip. I am having some hip issues but I suspect it because I have to walk with my right foot turned out from my body and that leg is...
  2. medic4355

    Ankle Naturally fused ankle cure?

    I was involved in an accident in 2009 that I broke 24 bones in. This site helped me through a hip replacement but I now have some recurring right ankle problems. Initially, I had so many broken bones in my feet the focus was on my right hip and 2 broken femurs. So in a sense they just let them...
  3. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    @Jillie422 I enjoyed it for a time but I sold the RV and got an apartment last month. Having a 13 year old over every other weekend was difficult at best in a 30 foot RV. She likes her own room and I have a bigger space to teach her some things. Her mother is very OCD as in get some help OCD...
  4. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    Thanks to all for your replies. We made a few changes on the meds and they seem to really help. My x-rays and cat scans came back looking really good. I can't do MRI's. We increased the Neurotin and the xanax. Up to 900 mg a day on the Neurotin and 1/2 mg on the xanax. Also need to address some...
  5. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    Well many of you know my story how I broke 24 bones in an accident on 09. After 5 years of arguing with doctors I finally found a Dr Charles E Toulson out of Mckinney who was willing to do the hip replacement. That was on new years eve in 2012 and I have had constant pain since then. Of course...
  6. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    OK so now I am going on April 6th to take an x-ray and look at the hip and see what we see. Can't really do the MRI thing because I have an interstint on my kidneys kinda like a pacemaker. So for the most part I was really pleased with my doctor. His name is Dr Toulson (Henry I think) Alpha...
  7. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    Thanks for the many responses. I actually find that the pain increases if I don't use the elliptical. I don't do much tension on the elliptical at all. I use it more for a way to keep active. I live and work out of my RV where I volunteer at a National Park so going to work out every morning...
  8. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    If they have to replace it they are going to have to catch me. LOL
  9. medic4355

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    Ok now after all this time I am still hurting from a TRHR after 3½ years. Now some of you know my story so bear with me as I tell it again for the sake of those who have not heard it. In 09 I broke 24 bones in an accident so my pain tolerance is pretty high. On New years eve 13 I had a total...
  10. medic4355

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    @Kettlebell queen prior to my surgery I ran 3-6 miles a day. I had a major accident and broke 24 bones in it. I managed the first 5 years with a pin in my hip but eventually had to have it replaced due to spontaneous dislocation. Don't lose your passion for good health. Every time I get up over...
  11. medic4355

    TKR Recovery Road

    @sologros Sorry for the mix up. I was thinking hip replacement but welcome to the other side anyway.
  12. medic4355

    TKR Recovery Road

    @sologros Welcome to the hipsters side. Glad everything went well. Some people have a little difficulty with blood pressure from the anesthesia. Also remember that muscle relaxers can cause your pressure to drop. The first few days are by far the strangest to get adjusted to. @mytrose43 is...
  13. medic4355

    Can you feel the implant?

    @45goingon90 never be ashamed of your fears but do remember this Faith and Fear are basically the same thing. Both of them are belief in the unknown. It takes just as much energy to believe it will be better as it does to believe it will be worst. Everyone's struggle is different. Pain is...
  14. medic4355

    Can you feel the implant?

    @45goingon90 Take a deep breath in and let it out. Now go to sleep and forget about it. LOL I know much easier said than done. Mine is a different tale than most. I had an accident in 09 and broke 24 bones in it. Didn't have my hip replaced till 2013 which was my 16th surgery in that time span...
  15. medic4355

    Need revision, advised to wait for as long as I can.

    @niknak79 The others are right you are definitely in your prime. I had my accident when I was 35 and was extremely active before my accident. I played basketball, football, & softball. I ran every morning and worked as a paramedic on an ambulance and for an oil company overseas. I can literally...
Back
Top Bottom