Recent content by McDeeva

  1. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I saw my surgeon again and apparently where the cup meets my bone is scar tissue. It looks like it didnt grow into my bone. I cant believe it. They consider this "loose' I guess. Said my only relief is a revision. He also said that its not urgent, it just...
  2. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    An updated on me. I have been in pain and it feels like my leg is giving out. I am at the max for my PT this year so I paid out of pocket for a home PT therapist. Very knowledgeable and thought that my issues are weak quads, tight hip flexors and misalignment. Gave me some exercises so we will...
  3. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @Jamie could you please send me the list of revision specialists? Thank you
  4. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi Jamie it varies I guess. Can also travel to ohio. But I am willing to travel far to get the answers that I need. If you could send maybe the top 4 that you have that would be great thank you.
  5. M

    Hip Infection PJI Surgery Tips/Advice?

    Hi Jubilee I hope all is well. I too went through a 2 stage revision in 2016 due to the proprion bacteria. It was different from a regular THR because after they put in the spacer I was non weight bearing for like 2 months. Had to walk with a walker. I had the PICC line etc. Overall it was...
  6. M

    Revision THR 6th Hip Replacement

    Hi Kelsey checking in to see if you are ok and how your appointment went?
  7. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi Jamie! So an update lol. The bonescans seemed to be ok, but my surgeon said it looks like its loose and the next step for me is revision surgery. I am devastated to say the least. This will be my 4th surgery on my right hip. Just unbelievable. I am confused too because when we met he said...
  8. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi there checking in to see how your friend is doing?
  9. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Thanks for the update. Hopefully she is doing ok and makes the best decision for her !
  10. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi Jamie I'm hanging in there so glad to hear from you. I had all my appointments a nuclear bone scan and aspiration and no infection thank goodness! Bone scan seemed ok to. I'm no back to PT. So prayerfully I can round the curve. It's just been so long and hard to believe riser I still need put...
  11. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Thank you! So she had an infection and didn't have to get surgery or a revision. She was just treated with antibiotics? I didn't even know that was possible! Did she recover ok and how is she doing now?
  12. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi everyone! Man oh man I'm back. I am currently getting some testing done to see if I have another infection or if my cup is loosening. My bloodwork came back and my ESR is 36 and my CRP is 0.8. When I was first diagnosed with an infection in 2016 my ESR was 36 and my CRP was 2.9. I have a...
  13. M

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    Hi everyone! I haven’t been on here in so long, but recently I talked to a young lady who was pondering having hip surgery and I directed her here As this forum was such a blessing to me while i was going through my journey. Everything is ok with me, the only thing is I am still going to PT for...
  14. M

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Hope you are doing well my story sounds similar except i had a cement spacer for like 6 weeks. Hang in there you will get through this.
  15. M

    Hip Infection* I'm back home

    Hi Linda I hope you are doing well. I too had in infection, then concrete spacer, IV antibiotics for 6 weeks and then surgery to put joint in. They had actually toook everything out and then new stuff in. I was on a walker or like 8 weeks so I am happy that you are on a cane. It’s easy to get...
Back
Top Bottom