Recent content by maximummy

  1. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Dear Josephine, I hope I have tagged this properly ... not brilliant at computer skills and getting it right vis a vis the forum! Thanks for your reply. I am a bit better. I have been icing the knee more and resting more and the burning pain and acute skin sensitivity is easing. I also upped...
  2. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Thanks so much friends. Had a very disturbed night ... stinging and burning. Icing now and will have a few quiet days as suggested. Outwardly, the scar appears the same .... just underneath it is the problem.
  3. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    HELP! What have I done? Left TKR on October 29th and as I have said in posts to try and encourage other people, have been doing well. Yesterday I picked up my grandchildren from school, stayed a while to do homework and chat. When I got into the car to go home, I 'crunched' the knee so instead...
  4. maximummy

    Oh no another one

    Hello... I had the first TKR four years ago and said I would rather die than have the other knee done. Like you, the time came and I had number two done on October 29th, 2018. I have to tell you, it has been a much less awful experience this time. Having the knowledge of what to expect, how to...
  5. maximummy

    TKR Knee gives out

    These PTs do get on my nerves! You are doing absolutely brilliantly! They mess with your confidence so much. I had my right TKR on October 29th. I had the left done four years ago. This is what I have learnt ... or at least, what is right for me! I had two sessions of aqua therapy during my...
  6. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Hi fellow travellers. I have been quiet for a while, just getting on with it and waiting for the better nights to arrive so that, when I did post, it would be in a more positive frame of mind. I am now a few days short of a MONTH POST-op and it is pouring with rain and grey here in London, but...
  7. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Morning from a grey, wet UK. Today is day 9 and the last two nights have been hellish. I sleep an hour to an hour and a half at most, haul myself off the bed trying to make sure I don’t DROP the leg down. Walk to the loo and back, haul myself back onto the bed by a system of shuffling back...
  8. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Thanks sistersinhim and pumpkin. I have decided sunrise is the best time of day after a rotten night with knee, hip, headache . Awake every hour but 2-3. Never mind ... adopting Scarlett O’Hara ‘Tomorrow is another day’ because it certainly is with a TKR.
  9. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Thanks ... tried to move it but couldn’t. Better day than I expected after last night’s drama. Managed to shower and wash my hair and spent most of the day on the bed. Slept after lunch. Go between being really hungry and then not eating very much ... same as with the first knee. Light out very...
  10. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    .... Not the way to do it!Saturday night/Sunday morning at 02.15 am. Managed to achieve the best ROM within the first week ever by fumbling for the light switch, not able to get it because my crutches were against it. Leaned over too far and ‘slid’ off the bed. Bad leg out straight, diagonal to...
  11. maximummy

    TKR What have I done?

    Hello! I am home after the second TKR and happy to say that, so far, it has been a better experience than the first one. I told the surgeon and anaesthetist what I thought I would need to make the immediate recovery room experience better than last time ... i.e. warm Adair earlier to ease any...
  12. maximummy

    October 29 Monday! Second TKR, left knee.

    Thank you to everybody for their encouragement... much appreciated and I will let you know how it went.
  13. maximummy

    October 29 Monday! Second TKR, left knee.

    Hello from the UK. Second knee approaches on Monday. I am not looking forward to it, but knowing what to expect is a help as it will all be less of a shock this time. All encouragement helpful. Thanks!
  14. maximummy

    General or spinal block?

    Good morning from the . I am having the left TKR on Monday ... almost exactly four years since the right knee. I always swore I would rather die than have the other knee done, but here I am. I am feeling mentally strong to face all the challenges ahead as I know what to expect and will hang on...
Back
Top Bottom