Recent content by MathSci4me

  1. M

    TKR How long to take painkillers?

    I had my left TKR on June 27 (about 6 1/2 weeks ago). I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for the next check-up. I am taking Oxycodone 5 mg as needed for pain which has been averaging about every 6 hours lately. I also take Tylenol at times to try to limit use of Oxycodone, but haven't found...
  2. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Just realized that it is the 6 month anniversary of my right TKR! Getting ready for Christmas has kept me busy! Still haven't gotten back into a gym routine yet :( and I really need to make it a priority after Christmas as I've gained too much weight since the surgery and am eating too much...
  3. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Just realized that today marks the 5 month birthday of my new right knee! I missed celebrating its 4 month anniversary because I had kidney stones! UGH! More painful than the TKR! Physical therapy ended about 2 weeks ago and I'm happy to have that time back to do other things. My ROM got to...
  4. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    So I went to PT today and shared with him the information from my doctor's visit yesterday. He said to cut back to one visit per week now and we'd re-evaluate my ROM in a few weeks to see if I am continuing to improve. I think I have about 12 more PT visits I can have before insurance runs...
  5. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Thanks, @Jamie!! I had my doctor's appt today and finally totally realized that I've been stressing about not having enough bend and the possibility of doing the MUA for nothing!! I have such a hard head!! I have had this fear in my head ever since one of the home PT's told me that if I...
  6. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    So I went to my last PT visit on Friday before I go to the OS again this Tuesday. Managed to break 100 degrees - got 101 - but didn't get to the goal of 110 degrees. I'm happy I'm improving and feeling good. Just wish I had more progress to show the doctor on Tuesday.
  7. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    I was at PT today and my legs were hanging over the side of table while I was waiting for the PT guy. Looking down you couldn't tell which leg was the one operated on! I know the ROM is improving, even if it is ever so slowly! One more PT visit on Friday and then back to the OS on Tuesday...
  8. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Thanks, @sunny-island! That's encouraging to hear!
  9. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    I saw my OS the week before I started back to work and he knew I was going back because he asked if I needed to take a note with me to clear me for work. And I gave him the letter from my PT guy with the update on my progress and place for him to check if he wanted me to continue PT as I was...
  10. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    I'm going to PT because that is what the OS said to do. Never thought that quitting was an option. I have made progress on my ROM during my time there, although I'm sure like everyone out there I wish it was faster progress. My real hope is that when I see the OS in 2 weeks he'll say that I...
  11. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Thanks for the advice! Jamie, my GP told me that I could cut pills in half to start cutting back on them when I saw her a few weeks ago. I'm on oxycodone and they aren't time-release pills. However, they are small so very difficult to cut them perfectly in half! So if I feel like I need more...
  12. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    The last 24 hours has been so frustrating. I guess you can say I got a "pep talk" or a "talking to" by my PT guy yesterday afternoon. He says I have to really push to get more ROM and that it is going to hurt to get that ROM. He bends my knee and he says to relax the quad muscle. Wish I...
  13. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    I know, what the administrator told me to do for fire drills is questionable. We haven't had one yet but it is coming.
  14. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Finished my first full week of work this week, although it was our Teacher Work Week (the week before students come back) so it wasn't as strenuous as it will be this coming week when the students come back. I thought I did pretty well although I was certainly more than ready for bed each...
  15. M

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Thanks, Pumpkin! I feel like I'm doing the best I can here and just have to be patient - which can be hard at times. The husband of someone I work with had TKR 4 weeks ago and he's already getting as much ROM as I have now. But on the other hand, he cannot get his leg straight and he had some...
Back
Top Bottom