I am walking much better and trying to rest,elevate and ice as much as possible. the pain still comes at me really hard if I stay on my feet for long periods of time and the swelling can be quite severe at times as well. I am just glad that I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel even...
I went to therapy on Friday and was so pleased with the results after the doctor gave me an injection due to the sharp pain in my knee. I was able to very easily reach 100 degrees without the sharp pain I was experiencing on the inside of my knee. since I know the doctor is happy with where I am...
@Jockette I hope your appointment brings you the same good news as mine. What is your ROM now?
As for the PA I really think she was surprised that my husband stood up to her. I really believe they are use to people just doing whatever they say to do, but I did plenty of research and when I have...
so I went to the doctor today for my 6 week follow up...GREAT NEWS the doctor is happy with my progress.
come to find out it was the PA who was pushing the 120 degrees and not the doctor. The PA was also the one pushing for the MUA; however when we went to the doctor today the PA tried to tell...
I would like to thank everyone for their encouraging words and all the advice it is so nice to get on here and talk with people who really understand how I feel because each of you have walked down the same path I am walking on right now.
@KarriB you are right the therapy was very aggressive on...
So all weekend all I did was rest,ice and relax and when I went to therapy today I could only get to 95. I am so discouraged right now. I really believed that if i rested my leg and let the inflammation go down my ROM would get better but unfortunately I went backwards.
I know what everyone...
I have taken the advise of everyone on here and have given my knee a much needed rest. I feel you guys are right I have been working my knee way to much. I am not good with patience so this is not going to be easy. I normally work my knee twice a day trying to make it to the 120 degrees the...
@OJ2 I agree with you it seems every surgeon is different. while I understand the progress the doctors want for their patients, I feel they need to realize each person heals at a different rate. My doctor has told me that if I am not 120 by week 6 then they will gas me in the office and...
@sistersinhim I am 5 weeks out for TKR and I don't understand why I am having so much pain. PT told me I should only be feeling a tightness in my knee but it feels like there is a sharp knife cutting into the medial side of my knee. you say do not take the pain meds but if I did that I would not...
I am 5 weeks out and at this point I am 97-104 ROM. I have a sharp pain in my medial left knee that is severe when my knee is flexed. The doctor told me he was going to do the MUA procedure if I was not 120 degrees by Sept 21, which would be my 6th week. I do therapy at home 2 times a day and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.