Recent content by maryland100

  1. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    @kymamaw I still spend a lot of time in my recliner with my feet up and I'm still icing after PT. Every day you will get a little stronger.
  2. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    Good to know. I had the posterior approach. The sensations are extremely intense and I thought I was going crazy. I'm so happy to hear they should go away over time.
  3. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    Hello - welcome to the club :). Side sleeping is getting better, I use a body pillow between my legs and prop a bunch of pillows behind me to support my back which is where I was feeling a log of pain. My restrictions were lifted yesterday, but I'm still sleeping with a pillow between my...
  4. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    Just had my 5 week follow up. Hip is doing well, need to strengthen hip muscles. Sleeping is still a challenge. I build a nest of pillows and get about 6 hours of sleep. I've been cleared to use the pool in a week and I'm looking forward to doing my recovery exercise in water. Overall...
  5. M

    THR When will I be able to walk unaided?

    @Sheffield1966 I'm a few weeks in as well. I too was feeling frustrated with my recovery because it seemed like everyone bounced back so fast, was driving and back to work in a few weeks. I'm just starting to walk 10 minutes per day with my cane. After that I'm tired and need to rest. My...
  6. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    I did rent a recliner from the home health store and spend most of the day in it. Last night I gave up trying to sleep in the bed and slept the rest of the night in the recliner. It definitely helps with the sleeping on the back. I've hear others say a body pillow is the way to go...I'm on...
  7. M

    THR Leg length after surgery

    My leg difference when I straightened my operated leg, lifted my non operated leg off the ground..difference was about 2 cm. I used a small lift in my shoe or one slipper on/one off for the first few weeks. As my muscles relaxed and the soft tissue trauma began to subside I noticed they began...
  8. M

    THR Frustrated -- Could use some help

    I too had labral tear and glut med tear from a fall and some arthritis in hip and after shots and 8 months of PT I found a Dr to do a total replacement. Keep looking for a Dr. because you know it is "bad enough" now. Good luck.
  9. M

    THR Leg length after surgery

    I'm 3 weeks post op. My leg felt longer and even appeared longer. Over time standing up straight and getting my strength back the leg length seems to have leveled out. Ice and walking helped me. I walked a few minutes every hour, just to get up and move. Every day will get easier
  10. M

    THR Scorow's Recovery Thread

    Best wishes. Take it easy, follow guidelines and Ice, ice, ice
  11. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    I'm having difficulties sleeping. I have been taking melatonin and this does help falling asleep. I've always been a side or tummy sleeper and weeks on my back is becoming difficult. Ive tried on my side a few times with pillows between my legs but I feel a pull on my upper hip area. Any...
  12. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    Im walking about 4000 - 5000 steps a day. I have discovered any more and my lower right back begins to to be sore. I've started icing again which has helped. I had a posterior approach so I assume this is to be expected.
  13. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    I need to keep reminding myself to pull back and recovery takes time. PT is the basic heal slides, glutei squeezes, and started with squats and stairs. The stairs are what I think is causing the soreness so I'll pull off those my next appt.
  14. M

    THR Jobaby's Recovery Thread

    I too have groin pain, which everyone as advised is normal. I find reclining and ice seem to help. Hopefully this is a short term. Im on day 20 post op. Some good days and some frustrated days.
  15. M

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    Hello - I had my right hip replaced on 1/29. First two weeks of recovery seemed to go well, started PT 5 days afterwards twice a week. No major pain in hip, right leg feels longer. Almost three weeks in and soft tissue pain in thigh area will not go away. My timeline: Surgery 1/29 Home...
Back
Top Bottom